Posted by Total Beauty on 02/13/12 at 01:01PM
This perfect mix of structure and softness would be a great look for your next date. You can leave the waves down or pin them up into a cute side bun. ION Studio's Marcos Diaz shares how to get the look from the Hyden Yoo show at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week Fall 2012:
1. Spray hair with Davines Defining Texturizer, $19.
2. Blow dry your hair using ONE Styling's NEW Epic Dryer, $240, set to a negative charge. Negative ions neutralize the positive charge, which causes frizz.
3. Create a deep side part and secure it with a rubber band behind the ear. Then secure the front bangs with a bobby pin.
4. Using a 1-inch curling iron, create imperfect waves in the hair.
5. Take both sections and create a side bun just behind the ear and pin it.
6. Spray hair with Davines… See more »
Posted by Total Beauty on 02/13/12 at 12:01PM
I think we can all agree that glowing, natural-looking makeup is always in style -- but it's not always easy to pull off. So I think you'll love these tips from Lancome National Makeup Artist, Tarek Abbas, who created the "enhanced natural beauty" look for the Monika Chiang show at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week Fall 2012. Here's how to get the look:
1. Apply Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation (available in March).
2. Contour cheeks using Blush Subtil Palette in Nectar Lace #126 (available in July).
3. Mix two neutral shades of Color Design Eyeshadow in Vintage and Chic, $18, then apply it around your eyes.
4. Define eyes with Le Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner in Cafe, $22.50 and smudge it for a softer look.
5. Use one coat of Definicils Mascara in Brown, $26, for a… See more »
Posted by Total Beauty on 02/13/12 at 11:01AM
More flawless-looking skin coming your way, this time from James Boehmer, Nars Director of Global Artistry and lead artist at the Honor show at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week Fall 2012. Boehmer says for this look the "skin is beautiful, luminous, and glossy" and the "eyes are deliberate and sculpted in a chalky gray shade." Here are the Nars products he used to create the look:
Sheer Glow Foundation, $42
Loose Powder, $35
Cream Blush in Penny Lane, $28
Duo Eyeshadow in Paris, $34
Single Eyeshadow in Zardoz, $24
Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Madison Avenue, $23
Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara, $25
Pure Sheer SPF Lip Treatment in Greta, $25 See more »
Posted by Total Beauty on 02/13/12 at 10:00AM
While not everyone will want to look "like you've pulled a sweater over your head," this is a fun edgy style for days when you want to get creative. Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan for Aveda share how to get this look from the Richard Chai show at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week Fall 2012:
1. Section hair from ear to ear at the flat of your crown, securing the bottom half with a clip.
2. Spray the top section from root to midshaft with a generous amount of Aveda Volumizing Tonic, $18.50.
3. Blow dry your top layer of hair with a fine-toothed comb or a Mason Pearson brush, creating lift at the root, up and away from your face and hairline.
4. Work Aveda Men Pure-Formance Grooming Clay, $22, into your hair from root to mid-length with a Mason Pearson brush. Hair should be… See more »
Posted by Total Beauty on 02/10/12 at 04:50PM
"Healthy, fresh, and effortless" is how Maybelline New York Global Makeup Artist, Charlotte Willer describes this look. We're sold. Here's how to get the makeup seen at the BCBG Max Azria show at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week Fall 2012:
1. Apply Maybelline New York Fit Me! Foundation, $7.99, with your fingers. Willer says to massage the foundation into your skin like you would apply moisturizer for a more natural effect.
2. Dust Maybelline New York Fit Me! Powder, $7.99, on top.
3. Apply Maybelline New York Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake, $7.99, onto the apples of your cheeks.
4. Apply two straight brush strokes across the eyelid of Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black, $7.99. Draw the first line from the inner corner to the center… See how »