Posted by Total Beauty on 02/15/12 at 03:00PM
We cannot think of a more perfect hairstyle for our own lazy hair days than the one TRESemme Stylist Jeanie Syfu created for Rebecca Minkoff's Fall 2012 show.
Here's how to replicate this effortlessly cool hairstyle:
1. Start with damp hair and create a deep side part. Spray throughout hair with TRESemme 24 Hour Body Root Boosting Spray, $4.49, from roots to ends.
2. Using a blow dryer fitted with a diffuser, diffuse hair on high heat until dry.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 -- apply TRESemme 24 Hour Body Root Boosting Spray, $4.49, from roots to ends and diffuse hair. Be sure to layer the product to create a natural, rough texture.
4. Apply a dime size amount of TRESemme Smooth & Silky Anti-Frizz Secret Creme, $4.75, throughout hair to give definition.
5. Gather hair into a loose… See more »
Posted by Total Beauty on 02/15/12 at 11:00AM
A strong makeup look is something Gwen Stefani is known for, so it comes as no surprise to see models sporting spunky retro makeup looks at the L.A.M.B. runway show. Maybelline New York Global Makeup Artist Charlotte Willer created a look that channeled the iconic "60s rock-n-roll chick" that inspired the collection, and put a "modern yet girlish spin on retro" for the show's makeup look.
Here are the steps to add a bit of that attitude to your own look:
1. Apply Maybelline New York Fit Me! Foundation, $7.99, with your fingers to create a fresh clean canvas, and use a deeper shade of Maybelline New York Fit Me! Pressed Powder, $7.99, to contour your cheekbones.
2. Use Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Drama Cream Pencil in Sapphire Strength, $7.99, to draw a thick line… See more »
Posted by Sarah Carrillo on 02/14/12 at 04:26PM
We went backstage at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week to get you the scoop on all the hair and makeup looks
Posted by Total Beauty on 02/14/12 at 01:00PM
Celebrity hair stylist Cesar Ramirez proves that earthy-looking hair doesn't have to be wild or dirty at Katie Gallagher's Fall 2012 show at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week. Ramirez manipulated models' hair into shapes that are reminiscent of forms found in the woods and these soft and feminine updos echoe Gallagher's "Silent Soil" idea for her collection.
The side-swept hair is woven to evoke tree branches and roots, and the front is twisted to look like patterns you'd find everywhere in a forest. Here's how to get the same look for your next big night out:
1. Spritz hair with Davines Defining Texturizer, $24, and blow dry to create volume. Part a horseshoe section at the top of your head.
2. Brush the remaining hair to the back of the head and secure with hair pins,… See more »
Posted by Total Beauty on 02/14/12 at 09:00AM
Tired of wearing the same top-knot style bun as everyone else this season? Shake things up and try an edgier version of this beloved low-maintenance hairstyle. John Frieda's Global Creative Consultant Luigi Murenu created this punk geisha look for Zac Posen's 2012 fall collection at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week, blending the "timeless glamour of the 1950's with the allure of Japanese sophistication." Here's how to create this fashion-forward look:
1. Apply the new John Frieda Frizz-Ease Sheer Solution Lightweight Frizz Control, $9.99 on damp hair, and blow dry to smooth hair and fight frizz.
2. Put hair up into a high ponytail using a brush. To get a ponytail to be at the perfect height for your head, pull hair that is parallel from the outer corner of the eye back.… See more »