Posted by Total Beauty 02/13/12 at 10:00AM
1. Section hair from ear to ear at the flat of your crown, securing the bottom half with a clip.
2. Spray the top section from root to midshaft with a generous amount of Aveda Volumizing Tonic, $18.50.
3. Blow dry your top layer of hair with a fine-toothed comb or a Mason Pearson brush, creating lift at the root, up and away from your face and hairline.
4. Work Aveda Men Pure-Formance Grooming Clay, $22, into your hair from root to mid-length with a Mason Pearson brush. Hair should be slightly textured throughout -- use Aveda Air Control Hair Spray, $24, or Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion, $23, to add texture, if needed.
5. Follow with a quarter-sized dollop of Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade, $19, emulsified in your hands and raked in, using fingers to comb through.
6. Comb hair back and away from face with a deep side part on the left. Secure with clips and let set for a few minutes.
7. Using a fine-toothed comb, reverse the style by combing forward for a tousled, random finish. Saturate the hair at the sides of your face with Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine, $24, and comb backwards. Then run fingers through for added texture over your ear.