"Why Fashion Week Hurts My Soul": Baffled by Scary, Bad Hair On Berlin's Runway
- Posted by Kristen on July 12, 2010 at 06:52PM
Fashion Weeks come and Fashion Weeks go and every time I peruse photos from Milan, Berlin, New York or wherever, EVERYTIME, without fail, I have to stop, breath and reassess my "coolness" factor. Below are the pictures that have done it to me this year.
You see, I love fashion, and most of all -- beauty (obviously as I choose to write about it everyday). So I can't help, but feel emotionally invested in makeup trends and hairstyles. And said "emotional investment" provokes me to try, with all my little beauty-obsessed might, to really understand the style culture and embrace all it's bizarro moments. For the most part, I think I get it, or at least I pretend to -- like last Friday night, when I left my comfort zone and rocked black lipstick circa Fall Fashion Week 2008 to a party (see other runway disaster makeup trends here).
But then ... (dun dun dun) the inevitable happens and designers like Patrick Mohr debut their Fall 2010 collections and throw such a gut-wrenching bald and hairy curveball straight towards my sensitive and adoring eyes that I can't help, but cower/retreat/curl up into a fetal position and cry one solitary tear. Dramatic? Yes, but it's just that I want so badly to be "with it" -- to understand fashion on a deeper level. When I see monstrosities like these barreling down the runway, I just feel like throwing my hands in the air and giving the proverbial "I-guess-I'll-never-get-it-shrug."
Please tell me -- am I alone in this bewilderment? Can you shed some light, lend a helping hand, have a sit down convo with me about why this is considered art? I guess for now, I will try some stress reducing tips from a previous post.
Lost too? These hot runway hairstyles do offer some hope.
And these insider tips from top runway makeup pros confirm that not everyone from backstage thinks bald is beautiful.
Want in on a little beauty discount secret? See how to get great deals and exclusive offers on beauty products here.
- Read previous blog:
Get Cameron Diaz\'s Day-to-Night \"Knight & Day\" Makeup Look
- Read next blog:
Blown-Out Hairstyles that Don\'t Suck
- casey_callahan: COLOR YOUR HAIR, PROTECT YOUR SKIN with COLORGUARD Skin Protecting Strips, the Ultimate in Skin Protection, NOW IN A STRIP! COLORGUARD...
- lnsay_lana: Hey friends, to make your breast bigger, you should use a naturally exercise guide, it's very effect and safe without pill or surgery....
- RebeccaTurner: Exercises can be done to enlarge the breasts as well. It is the cheapest and most natural way to enlarge them. It does require a lot of...
- gerrsbabe: I love green tea, but had no idea it was such a versatile beauty ingredient. I am going to have to stock up! Thanx...
- myspadeal: This is very informative blog and i got very informative knowledge from this blog.