About Badges & Points
We created this exciting system to recognize our most passionate fans and reviewers. Now you can rack up points throughout TotalBeauty.com, and you can get some pretty sweet perks!
Current badge levels are:
up to 999 points
Perks of All-Stars and Elites:
- Early notification of free samples, so you hear about them before we announce them to the public.
- Special giveaways every month - open only to All-Star and Elite levels!
- You're listed on our fancy Elite and All-Star page.
- All the All-Star perks listed above, plus...
- Receive free beauty products from Total Beauty's editor. Guaranteed at least every six months!
- Additional Elite-only monthly giveaways.
- Your product reviews receive very top placement.
How do you earn points? Here is an exhaustive list, which we will update from time to time... Please note: be a good neighbor. Meaning, like, you know that chick who posts junk/fluff/non-quality content just to rack up points? Don't be that chick. We have people who monitor such evil-doing, and when we catch somebody; we boot them - and they lose all their points. Which really sucks. Anyway, back to the points:
- Join the community: 200 points
- Write a product review:
- < 150 words: 50 points (100 if trusted)
- 150-299 words: 100 points (200 if trusted)
- 300+ words: 500 points (1000 if trusted)
- Rate a product review: 5
- Mark a review as helpful or not: 5
- Take a Total Beauty quiz: 20
- Opt in to any newsletter: 30
- Sign in: 5
- Update your profile: 10
- Upload a personal photo to your profile: 50
- Create a blog post: 50
- Comment in Message Board: 15
- Leave a comment on a video: 10
- Leave a comment on a blog: 10
- Rate a video: 5
- Rate a blog: 5
What do I buy with my points?
You don't actually spend your points - you use them to earn priviledged status. When you're an Elite or All-Star, you earn all kinds of great goodies like giveaways and even free beauty products. But you still keep all your points. We're nice like that.
Additional badges you may see on Product Reviews:
This person has submitted the most product reviews on TotalBeauty.com. This ranking is updated daily.
The most prolific product reviewers on TotalBeauty.com. These rankings are also updated daily.
Member of our fabulous TotalBeauty.com's blogger community. To find out about this, visit our blogs page.
Any reviewer who has received more than 60 "This review was helpful" votes.
The fine print (sigh, our lawyers make us write this stuff...)
We may add new badges over time, or we may adjust these criteria at any time. We also may change the points you earn for each task you complete on TotalBeauty.com.