Posted by Sarah Carrillo on 09/10/12 at 12:00PM
Not that we're big fans of naming our wrinkles, but this new term (which refers to the wrinkles that form around your eyes from squinting at a computer screen all day) was mentioned to us by a dermatologist and it sent us scrambling for a new eye cream.
And here's our current fave: Clarins Total Eye Concentrate, $82 for 0.53 oz. It uses the ingredient Pueraria Lobata, nicknamed the "forever young plant" (we like the sound of that), to target signs of aging like fine lines, dark circles, and puffiness. You can see results in just three weeks -- a boon for all of us who spend hours a day staring at a screen.
You can pick up the product now at Bloomingdale’s and bloomingdales.com.
Posted by Sarah Carrillo on 09/10/12 at 10:00AM
The hair we spotted backstage at Peter Som proved one thing: The pastel hair color trend is here to stay. Wella Professionals Color Ambassador, Aura Friedman, called the multi-colored hair "a fusion of metallics and pastels melting into each other." She and her team hand-painted 22 hair pieces with 10 different shades of hair color from the Wella ILLUMINA COLOR line, which debuts next year.
As for the inspiration, Som looked to New York City and calls the look "classic East Village cool girl -- natural easy hair with touches of faded color." He collaborated with Global Creative Director for Wella Professionals, Eugene Souleiman, to come up with the easy, undone style. "I didn't want it to look too obvious or contrived," says Souleiman.
To get the look, he applied Wella…
Posted by Sarah Carrillo on 09/07/12 at 06:15PM
There are few things more joyful than a Kate Spade fashion show, and her rainbow-colored Spring 2013 presentation did not disappoint. Like the pretty dresses, handbags, and shoes, the makeup was all about bold pops of color. Jouer's National Makeup Stylist Neil Scibelli created the look, which was inspired by '80s rock and roll. Copy this look at home and be prepared to turn some heads:
1. Apply a few dabs of Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, $38, to skin to create a glowing base.
2. Using a white kohl pencil, line your eyes working from the inside out.
3. Apply a mint green shadow to fill the lid above the liner, winging out the ends for extra drama.
4.Next, apply Jouer Tint in Peony, $20, to cheeks for a pop of bubblegum pink.
5. Highlight above the cheekbones with Jouer Luminizing…
Posted by Total Beauty on 09/07/12 at 03:08PM
Floral crowns have been a popular style of beauty bloggers and pinners for a while now, but this morning, the crowns officially made their Fashion Week appearance at Misha Nonoo's Spring 2013 presentation. To match the soft, pretty, and feminine vibe of the show, key hairstylist Marcos Diaz of ION Studio for Davines created this look, inspired by the late Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.
Here's how to get it:
1. Start by spraying your hair with a sea salt primer, like Davines For Wizards No. 14 Sea Salt Primer, $22. This will give your hair a gritty texturized feel.
2. Part the hair in three vertical sections -- two small sections at either side of the head, and one larger section in the back.
3. Next, work the hair on each side of the head into a traditional braid, while… Read More »
Posted by Total Beauty on 09/06/12 at 06:20PM
For Erin Fetherston's Spring 2013 presentation during New York Fashion Week, Kerastase's hairstylist Odile Gilbert created a "neo-1960s" look that is fun and retro with an updated twist. The models wore feminine, pretty cocktail dresses in juicy shades of lemon and tangerine. And the hairstyles complemented the collection perfectly; the hair was inspired by Brigitte Bardot vacationing in San Tropez, and each model donned a headband made from none other than … a zipper. We're guessing this zipper hair flair trend will catch on quickly. Here's how to get this fresh-from-Fashion Week look:
1. Apply Kerastase Mousse Volumactive, $41 to damp hair and blow dry completely.
2. Curl hair in sections with a large barrel curling iron to create loose, shiny waves.
3. Take a zipper… Read More »