Cities with the Most Youthful, Healthy Skin
- Posted by Kristen on June 7, 2010 at 06:30PM
"The city never sleeps, better slip you a Ambien." In the song "Empire State of Mind", that's Jay-Z's solution for New Yorkers' sleepless nights, but maybe it's their lack of zzz's that kept them off this cities with the most youthful skin list. Did your town make the cut? If not, it might be time to relocate ...
San Antonio, Texas
While moderate levels of pollution and lots of sunshine (it's sunny 80 percent of the year!) are a concern in San Antonio, the state of Texas still has one of the lowest rates of skin cancer in the country a href=" http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/most-youthful-cities/p58242/page2">See how that's possible.
Sun and dryness are big drawbacks of Arizona when it comes to keeping your body young and skin soft, but this state still has one of the lowest rates of skin cancer in the U.S. See why that is.
According to the Center for Disease Control, D.C. has one of the lowest rates of skin cancer in the country. (A very low number of tanning beds, 2.1 for every 100,000 people, definitely helps.) See what else got them on this list and how they get their antioxidants.
Okay, you might be wondering why the capital of Hawaii made the list. Yes, this tourist magnet has a lot of sunshine and tanning (albeit natural). However, the air is practically pollution-free, tanning salons are few and the weather is pretty much the same year-round. See what else makes this an ideal city for youthful skin.
San Francisco, Calif.
While much of California tends to be dry and sunny, the residents of San Francisco enjoy cool weather, relatively fewer sunny days and higher moisture levels year-round. See what else makes this city so skin-friendly.
Contemplating moving? This 13 worst skin cities list should influence your decision.
See the eight cities with the ugliest guys. Do you live in one of these dog towns?
Want in on a little beauty discount secret? See how to get great deals and exclusive offers on beauty products here.
- Read previous blog:
MTV Movie Awards: Which Celebrity Hairstyles and Makeup Looked the Best? Cast Your Vote!
- Read next blog:
The Eye Makeup Hue That\'s Best For You
- casey_callahan: COLOR YOUR HAIR, PROTECT YOUR SKIN with COLORGUARD Skin Protecting Strips, the Ultimate in Skin Protection, NOW IN A STRIP! COLORGUARD...
- lnsay_lana: Hey friends, to make your breast bigger, you should use a naturally exercise guide, it's very effect and safe without pill or surgery....
- RebeccaTurner: Exercises can be done to enlarge the breasts as well. It is the cheapest and most natural way to enlarge them. It does require a lot of...
- gerrsbabe: I love green tea, but had no idea it was such a versatile beauty ingredient. I am going to have to stock up! Thanx...
- myspadeal: This is very informative blog and i got very informative knowledge from this blog.