How to Achieve a Flawless No-Makeup Makeup Look
- Posted by Kristen on February 17, 2010 at 07:33PM
What's the best news you've heard lately? (If it involves Speidi or a Lindsay other than Vonn, you can stop reading right now.)
For me it's the fact that "no-makeup makeup" is a hot spring (and spring is getting closer!) trend.
Truth be told, I've never been much of a makeup maven. (Ironic, sure, given my current day job.) It's just that I'm really not good at applying it and still feel like I'm playing dress up when I have lipstick on.
That's the genius behind the no makeup look -- it's all about looking as natural as you can.
Now, I'm not saying that you should toss all your products and parade around bare faced -- there is a method involved here -- one my gorgeous beauty blogger friend (pictured) outlines here, step by step.
Step 1: Start by prepping your skin with an oil-free moisturizer. This will give a bit of slip so your makeup goes on smoother.
Step 2: Ditch your heavy foundation for a tinted moisturizer to even out your skin tone (if you have good skin). And, if you need more coverage, use a liquid foundation with a dewy finish. See recommended products here.
Step 3: Apply your foundation or tinted moisturizer with a sponge like Beautyblender, $19.95 in a stippling motion. Pay extra attention to the edges to make sure there are no visible lines. See how to finish off your skin here.
Curious about other hot beauty trends for spring? See 'em here.
And, master the art of applying a more obvious (though not garish!) makeup look in just five minutes by following these steps.
- Read previous blog:
Look Fab In Five Minutes: How To Streamline Your Makeup Routine
- Read next blog:
10 Things You Never Knew About Anti-Aging
- lnsay_lana: Hey friends, to make your breast bigger, you should use a naturally exercise guide, it's very effect and safe without pill or surgery....
- RebeccaTurner: Exercises can be done to enlarge the breasts as well. It is the cheapest and most natural way to enlarge them. It does require a lot of...
- gerrsbabe: I love green tea, but had no idea it was such a versatile beauty ingredient. I am going to have to stock up! Thanx...
- myspadeal: This is very informative blog and i got very informative knowledge from this blog.
- EricaF123: I start at the top, thanks for the advice