Look Fab In Five Minutes: How To Streamline Your Makeup Routine
- Posted by Kristen on February 16, 2010 at 07:22PM
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller.
It's not every day that I'll cop to heeding advice from a fictional truant (seminal though he was) but that little nugget of wisdom which sprang forth from the pen of the late (sniff) John Hughes, has served me well because my life is nuts (like this woman who got a sweet busy-mom makeover). Cuckoo. Crazy. Nuts.
Busy doesn't begin to describe it. Multi-tasker is my middle name. (Ok, it's really Sarah but that doesn't help emphasize my point here).
And, it's because I'm so frantic most of the time that I thirst for time-saving tips (like using dry shampoo, my new best friend or finally knowing which products will work best with my super sensitive skin) that will help me get ready more quickly.
So you can imagine how stoked I was to come across these "Look Fabulous in Five Minutes" tips. They're a step-by-step roadmap that will get you from bare to beautiful in just 300 seconds!
Step 1: How to apply foundation so that you won't look like you work for Barnum & Bailey. Seems you're supposed to dot light-coverage foundation on areas of your skin that need the most coverage. Then blend well using a foundation brush. (See which foundation and makeup brush the experts recommend.)
Step 2: Conceal like a pro. Apparently you're supposed to use a different concealer for different problem areas. Who knew? For dark circles, use a formula with a light-reflective quality to diffuse darkness -- blend it gently with your ring finger. For pimples, use a thicker, stickier formula that will cling to the spot and stay there. Find out how to apply concealer so that it won't look obvious.
Step 3: Use peachy pink blush -- a universally flattering shade -- and take time to apply it. Learn how to choose between a powder or cream formula here.
- Read previous blog:
The Best and Worst Products for Getting Plump, Kissable Lips
- Read next blog:
How to Achieve a Flawless No-Makeup Makeup Look
- casey_callahan: COLOR YOUR HAIR, PROTECT YOUR SKIN with COLORGUARD Skin Protecting Strips, the Ultimate in Skin Protection, NOW IN A STRIP! COLORGUARD...
- lnsay_lana: Hey friends, to make your breast bigger, you should use a naturally exercise guide, it's very effect and safe without pill or surgery....
- RebeccaTurner: Exercises can be done to enlarge the breasts as well. It is the cheapest and most natural way to enlarge them. It does require a lot of...
- gerrsbabe: I love green tea, but had no idea it was such a versatile beauty ingredient. I am going to have to stock up! Thanx...
- myspadeal: This is very informative blog and i got very informative knowledge from this blog.