Are Lash Extensions Worth It?
- Posted by Charli on March 18, 2008 at 07:16PM
I'm growing to appreciate my natural beauty each day ... but that doesn't stop me from fantasizing about a different nose, curly hair or -- a dream come true for my tiny Asian lashes -- lash extensions.
So when makeup artist Emily Kate Warren offered to extend mine, I jumped at the chance. A contact lens wearer and former hair extensions addict, I wasn't bothered by the prospect of sitting still while someone glued fibers near my eyes for an hour. Emily attached a mixture of long and medium-length lashes to keep the look natural. The end results were amazing, taking my short, straight lashes from barely there to full-on bat power. (See photos below.)
The pros: While no one at home noticed right away, the extensions made me feel ultra-flirty and feminine for about four weeks. Since mascara is my don't-leave-home-without-it product, I often didn't need to wear makeup. When I did, the lashes shaved several minutes from my routine. (Great for low-maintenance types.) And I could easily swim or shower with them -- just like real lashes.
The cons: While they were attached, they felt very comfortable but once they started "shedding," I'd get the occasional fiber stuck in my eye -- not fun. My real lashes looked pretty sparse and uneven as they grew back. And weeks later, I was amazed when Blinc Kiss Me Mascara nearly duplicated the length of the extensions (see photos below), saving me the $200 another set would've cost. (Touchups are less expensive.)
So, I guess whether lash extensions are worth it depends on how much upkeep you can afford and are willing to do. For me, getting them installed and touched up often ultimately cancels out the low-maintenance aspect of not having to apply mascara or temporary fakes. What do you think?
- Read previous blog:
Love and Beauty Don\'t Always Mix
- Read next blog:
Chanel\'s Guide to Breaking your Fear of Blue Eyeshadow
- gerrsbabe: I love green tea, but had no idea it was such a versatile beauty ingredient. I am going to have to stock up! Thanx...
- myspadeal: This is very informative blog and i got very informative knowledge from this blog.
- EricaF123: I start at the top, thanks for the advice
- acne: I love my hairs because recently I have taken hair straightening. Now I have smooth and silky hairs.
- cp96: i totally get where u are coming from but i still get suckered in every time.
People Style Watch