7 Things You Should Know Before Dyeing Your Curly Hair
Thinking of dyeing your spirals? Read up before you switch shades
Two months before appointment:
• Remove braids, weaves and/or extensions.
• Do not blow dry or flat iron the hair.
One month before appointment:
• Deep condition your hair with heat or steam and a protein rich conditioner, like CURLS Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner, $20, once a week for two weeks. Weeks three and four, use a moisturizing conditioner like CURLS Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner, $16.
• Moisturize the hair daily with a humectant rich leave-in conditioner like CURLS Cashmere Curls Leave-In Moisturizer, $20, and seal with a natural oil (coconut oil is always a good pick).
One week before appointment:
• Trim the hair before coloring.
Day before appointment:
• Deep condition to even out porosity and create a healthy base for hair color.
SEE NEXT PAGE: Dip your feet into a DIY dye job