8 Best Summer Hair Care Products -- and the 4 Worst
See which warm-weather hairstyling goodies are humidity-busting, beach-y wave-inducing winners and which ones should be thrown into the pool
So what's a girl to do? Stock up on the best hair care products that'll protect your strands from these warm weather aggressors. Lucky for you, our readers bravely tested out sprays, powders, smoothers, oils, masques, etc. to help us separate the best hair care products from the worst ones.
Here are some summer hair care tips to keep in mind as temperatures heat up and Mojitos start flowin':
• Prevent color fading by spraying hair with a UV protective product with SPF in it.
• Make sure to wet your hair before swimming -- that way, it won't absorb as much salt water or chlorine.
• After spending time poolside or at the beach, use a hair mask to repair any damage.
While you're at it, check out these hot hairstyles for summer:
• Try one of these chic, casual summer updos.
• Show off one of the "best" looks from these photos of best and worst celeb braids.
• If you have shorter hair, see how to create a beach-y hairstyle for your hair length.
See which summer hair care products you should (and shouldn't) style your 'do with.
SEE NEXT PAGE: Worst: No. 4: Frederic Fekkai Summer Hair Beach Waves, $23