The Best Smoky Eye Makeup Look For You
- Posted by Kristen on April 6, 2010 at 05:05PM
A friend of mine has nailed the smoky eye look. Well, I should preface that by letting you know that she's also drop dead gorgeous (like the super pretty celebs in this spring hair and makeup photo gallery) and has really big, round eyes. Nonetheless, her eye makeup isn't overly perfect, which makes it that much more enviable. It instead has an effortless, semi-smudgy, aloof-cool look to it (see aloof-cool master Chloë Sevigny's latest 'do). So of course it makes me want to attempt the smoky eye look too.
I'm not sure where the heck to begin though. I certainly don't want to look like I'm trying too hard (follow these expert tips so that your makeup doesn't look forced) and I have a different eye shape than my friend. So I took this trusty quiz: Find Your Best Smoky Eye Look, and the results were quite helpful. You just answer a few questions about your eye shape and you get a list of makeup tools and products, and a step-by-step guide on how to use 'em.
The results said that I likely have almond shaped eyes (yup, I do), that it's the most common and easiest shape to enhance (yay), and recommends "a beautifully angled outer corner." The key product that I'm thinking I'll need to work this look is Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner, $11.95 -- three shades of eyeshadow in a light, medium and darker tone. Wish me luck. And hey, what's your eye shape? Are you almond too? You should take this quick quiz and find out.
Are you more of a visual learner? Watch this video for some more smoky eye hand-holding.
Want some fat lashes to compliment all that smoke? Find out how to get the longest, thickest lashes. Ever.
Wanna be in the beauty know? Join this members only club to get great deals and exclusive offers on beauty products.
- Read previous blog:
Daring Hairstyles to Try (And Easy Ways To Create a 2.0 Version Of Your \'Do)
- Read next blog:
Enter Our Earth Month Beauty Product Giveaways on Facebook
- gerrsbabe: I love green tea, but had no idea it was such a versatile beauty ingredient. I am going to have to stock up! Thanx...
- myspadeal: This is very informative blog and i got very informative knowledge from this blog.
- EricaF123: I start at the top, thanks for the advice
- acne: I love my hairs because recently I have taken hair straightening. Now I have smooth and silky hairs.
- cp96: i totally get where u are coming from but i still get suckered in every time.
People Style Watch