My Day of Lash Pimpin'
- Posted by Kristen on March 12, 2008 at 04:58PM
Make Up For Ever just launched their Lash Pimpin' faux lashes at Sephora, and I was one of the first to get my lashes "pimped."
I go fairly natural when it comes to makeup, but I went all out and applied the Eva #133 lashes (as you can see from the photo above). Though crazy-looking in the package, once they were on I didn't look as drag queen as expected. (Check out my photo with lashes on one eye below.) If you're not into experimenting, there are many natural-looking styles to choose from so don't be scared. Go to sephora.com to see all 55 of the faux lash styles.)
In addition to getting a hot pair of souped-up lashes, I also picked up a couple of application tips from makeup artist Kevin Bennett, like: Measure the lashes before you apply glue and cut them to size by snipping the inside (not outside) lashes off with small scissors. To give a more natural curve to the lashes, making them easier to apply, roll them around a pencil (before applying glue) and hold for a few seconds. Last tip: After gluing lashes on, squeeze your lashes into the false ones at the base to get them as close as possible -- it really anchors them.
For more in-depth how-to application, go to TotalBeauty Television and click on "How To Apply Fake Eyelashes."
- Read previous blog:
Chanel\'s Guide to Breaking your Fear of Blue Eyeshadow
- Read next blog:
Spa vs. At-Home Peels
- RebeccaTurner: Exercises can be done to enlarge the breasts as well. It is the cheapest and most natural way to enlarge them. It does require a lot of...
- gerrsbabe: I love green tea, but had no idea it was such a versatile beauty ingredient. I am going to have to stock up! Thanx...
- myspadeal: This is very informative blog and i got very informative knowledge from this blog.
- EricaF123: I start at the top, thanks for the advice
- acne: I love my hairs because recently I have taken hair straightening. Now I have smooth and silky hairs.
People Style Watch