6 Reasons to Eat Brunch at Home
These healthy (and wallet-friendly) recipes will completely change the way you think about your weekend mornings
Tequila Margarita Salmon Ceviche & Scallion pancakesThis recipe sounds complicated, but it's actually quite easy, says Danny Boome, host of "Recipe Rehab," on ABC. Plus, it's crazy tasty and gives you plenty of health-boosting omega-3 fatty acids from the salmon. But the best part might be that you can make this dish for only 30 cents per serving, says Bloome. (The secret? Slice the salmon extra thin.)
1. Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, heat stove to medium heat.
2. With a hand blender or food processor, mix ingredients together until thick and creamy. Place mixture into the fridge to rest.
3. On a square of paper kitchen towel add a cap of oil, and wipe it over the pan, put pan on stove and wait a few minutes till heated.
4. Using a large table spoon, spoon amounts of pancake mixture one at a time and cook, as one side starts to form and brown, flip it over and keep checking pancake until at desired form.
5. Once cooked transfer to serving plate.
1. In a bowl mix together capers, juice of lemon and limes, tequila, triple sec, and olive oil. Whisk together, cover and place in fridge.
2. Place scallion pancakes on a serving dish.
3. With a sharp knife, slice thin strips of the salmon and place them over the scallion pancakes.
4. Sprinkle the salmon with the cilantro leafs.
5. Take out the Tequila mixture from the fridge and with a teaspoon, sprinkle the mixture over the salmon.
6. Serve with a light sprinkle of sea salt and crushed red pepper.
SEE NEXT PAGE: Crab, Mango, and Avocado Scrambled Eggs