Get The Look: Rocker Chic Bed Head
Follow us behind the scenes of NYFW and learn how to recreate this edgy, side-swept hairstyle from Marissa Webb S/S 2014
Backstage at the show, Linh Nguyen for Cutler/Redken Salon created this side-swept tousled look that was the perfect (capital P) mix of rocker girl, Amy Winehouse volume, and city chic -- without the whole buzzing half your head part. "Basically, she's the fun, cool (but nice!) downtown girl everyone wants to hang out with!" said Nguyen. Sign us up. Here's how you can get the look on your own (leather jacket optional):
1. Spray dry hair with Redken Hot Sets 22 Thermal Setting Mist and Nature Rescue's Radiant Sea Spray.
2. Using 1 ¼ - 1 ½ inch curling iron, create ringlets throughout the entire head by curling 2 inch sections .
3. Reapply Redken Nature Rescue's Radiant Sea Spray. Use fingers to twist the hair and simultaneously blow dry, in order to create dimension and texture.
4. Loosen up curls with your hands to create a messier look.
5. Part the hair into an extreme side part. Along the parted side, slick back hair pinning at the back with a bobby pin (hidden under the teased hair). Add Redken Hardwear 16 Super Strong Gel along the temples to create a slick look.
6. To create volume on top of the head, section off the hair on the top of the head. Using a teasing comb working from the back of the head to the front.
7. Taking the heavy sided part sweep hair across forehead and lock into the place with three bobby pins at the corner of the forehead.
8. Tousle hair throughout to create additional texture and finish off with Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray to keep the style in place.