KoulaWax Waxing Kit
As far as versatility goes, this set from KoulaWax is top-notch. Not only does it include a charming blush pink electric wax warmer, but it also includes brow applicator spatulas, large applicator spatulas, four bags of beads, pre-wax numbing oil, and a post-wax hydrating oil. The included beads come as one bag for coarse bikini hair, one for sensitive facial hair, and two for full-body use from armpits to legs to chest. For an all-around awesome way to remove unwanted hair, this kit is hard to beat.
- Aside from all the included accessories, this waxing kit also comes with a “How to Wax Like a Pro” guide that is fantastic for anyone who wants to get the best results possible, regardless of skill level.
- Considering everything included in this bundle, the price is excellent. For less than the cost of the average full-leg wax, you’ll set yourself up with a system you can use again and again.
- This method is most effective when used on ¼” hair, so you may need to either trim or grow out your hair for best results.
PHL Naturals Wax Warmer Kit
Whether you prefer beads, pellets, or bars, this option does it all.
Find on Amazon
This lovely kit from PHL Naturals has something for everyone. This waxing set includes three kinds of beads — including Body Love, Precious Face, and Bikini Smooth — to fit any hair removal needs. Along with the wax, they’ve included an electric warmer that reaches a wide temperature range, as well as thirty wooden applicators, five protective collars, and three small heart-shaped pots. From bikini to facial hair, this kit is ready for it all.
- Some kits in this price range will skimp on wax quality to keep costs down, but PHL Naturals’ wax is easy to melt and a breeze to apply, and it comes off more cleanly than many other options.
- We love this compact pick for extended vacations and smaller spaces. For a device with such a small footprint, it sure packs a lot of punch.
- This warmer needs to be plugged into an outlet, which limits where you can use it.
Nad’s Facial Wax Strips
Nearly everybody deals with some level of unwanted facial hair, whether it’s out of control eyebrows, a fuzzy upper lip, or chin hairs. But that doesn’t have to be the case when you use Nad’s facial wax strips. This kit is perfect for any user, no matter the experience level. Beginners and seasoned waxers alike love this product due to the accessible size that’s perfect for any small spots and the gentle wax designed for sensitive facial skin. No more rashy skin, ingrown hairs, or patchy removal — with this kit, it’s smooth sailing.
- Since you warm up these strips with friction, you can take them anywhere without worrying about a power source. Just pop a couple in your purse for access to quality wax whenever you need it.
- Unlike cheaper options, these strips feature a durable backing that won’t rip upon removal, so you can use these strips with confidence knowing they’re up to the challenge.
- These strips contain nourishing ingredients, but they may still be too harsh if you have sensitive skin.
Tress Wellness Wax Kit
This wax kit from Tress Wellness is unlike many at-home options on the market in that it uses hard wax, meaning no strips are needed for hair removal. Whether you’d like to use this product on your face, bikini area, or legs, this box gives you everything you’ll need. It includes five waxing bean packs, 20 waxing sticks, ten eyebrow sticks, a pre-wax spray, a post-wax spray, five protective rings, and an instruction manual for simple guidance. This warmer’s temperature range is 85 °F to 257 °F so that you can customize your experience to get the results you need.
- We love this device’s stylish design. Hey, we know looks aren’t everything, but if we can get a machine that performs this well and looks cute on our countertop, sign us up.
- The colorful indicator light eliminates the frustration of not knowing whether your wax is ready to use. It’s a small addition, but it’s indicative of the thoughtfulness of Tress Wellness’ design.
- This option is at its best when used on the face or other small areas.
Sally Hansen All Over Body Waxing Kit
Our girl Sally has done it again by coming out with an extra-strength wax kit for the whole body. This set is the perfect option for those of us who don’t seem to have the time to wax every few weeks, as its results last for up to eight weeks. There’s no need to pay for a salon visit, thanks to this kit’s professional quality. Made with a Brazilian formula, this method is designed to grab even the most stubborn hairs while still being gentle on your skin.
- If you’ve ever waxed at home only to find that your coarsest hairs made it through unscathed, you know what a relief it is to have a strong strip that’s designed to grab hair and hold on until it’s plucked from the root. This pick is a great way to cut down on any dreaded post-wax plucking.
- This wax may be powerful, but it’s also user-friendly. The kit comes with everything you need, including Brazilian wax, 20 cloth strips, Azulene finishing oil, and eight natural wood spatulas for easy application.
- This wax needs to be microwaved before use, which isn’t quite as convenient as using a warmer or your hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know what type of wax is right for me?
Depending on what area of your body you’re targeting, there are various options you can choose from. For use on the face, we recommend grabbing a box of precut facial wax strips. This style is perfect for smaller areas as it’s made for sensitive and delicate skin. For coarser hair and use on the body, it’s best to purchase a specially targeted product to smooth out difficult spots without leaving ingrown hairs or damaged skin behind.
Do I need to prep my skin in any way before using wax?
One or two days before waxing, we recommend exfoliating the area with a loofah or shower mitt in small circles to remove dead skin cells, soften your skin, and free up the hairs to make them easier to grab. On the day of, make sure to gently wash your skin before applying the wax. Having clean skin is very important to avoid germs or dirt infecting raised skin or bumps. Plus, oily skin can make it difficult for the wax to stick, making the process more difficult than it has to be. After washing, pat your skin dry and trim the hair to a quarter of an inch if necessary. Once you’re prepped, it’s time to go for it. Post-wax care involves wiping away residue with the pretreated wipes included in the kit (or use olive or jojoba oil if no wipes are included), applying the finishing oil of your choice, and keeping the skin moisturized and gently exfoliated for 24 hours to prevent irritation and ingrown hairs.
About the Author
Why Trust Us
Since 2007, TotalBeauty has been committed to helping millions of people find the right makeup, skincare, and haircare products for their needs. Our experts know what works best for every face shape, skin type, hair type, and more. They are here to share that knowledge with everyone looking to upgrade their beauty routines or try something new.