Sauvage by Christian Dior
Prepare to field compliments all day long when you wear Sauvage by Christian Dior—this cologne is just that good. The clean, slightly citrusy scent evokes images of wild, natural landscapes and is crafted from only the most thoughtfully selected, high-quality natural ingredients; it absolutely lives up to its iconic reputation. With the fresh, unique top notes of calabria bergamot and ambroxan, underlined by smoky, vanilla-tinged accents, this scent is pure heaven. Masculinity has never smelled so good.
- Woodsy, raw, gorgeous scent inspired by wild, open spaces in nature
- The composition is made from thoughtfully selected, high-quality natural ingredients
- Super-fresh, unique top notes of calabria bergamot
- Vanilla tones with smoky accents
- Definitely on the expensive end
D & G Eau de Toilette
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue offers a burst of clean, refreshing notes that don't overpower.
Find on Amazon
Dolce & Gabbana Eau de Toilette strikes the perfect balance between sultry and refreshing, with top notes of bergamot, frozen grapefruit peel, juniper, and sun-soaked Sicilian mandarin, along with complex hints of rosewood, pepper, incense, and oak moss. It’s the perfect flourish for men who prefer light freshness in a scent, as opposed to super-strong fragrances. Best of all, the smell lingers all day long.
- Fresh, spicy, seductive scent
- Top note is a lovely, sun-soaked Sicilian mandarin, with bergamot, frozen grapefruit peel, and juniper
- Scent is rounded out with pepper, rosewood, oak moss, and incense; it’s a complex scent, yet it goes on light and smells refreshing (not too overpowering)
- Smell lingers all day
- Comes in a beautiful frosted glass bottle
- You do have to be careful about where you place this cologne in your cabinet; the glass is pretty fragile
Davidoff Cool Water Spray for Men
Boasting pure, earthy tones, the Davidoff Cool Water Spray for Men is classic and cool, with a highly appealing scent that lasts all day (or night). It’s also priced affordably and comes packaged in a lovely blue glass bottle that looks great on your cabinet or next to the bathroom mirror. And, bonus: It even works well as an aftershave.
- Delightfully earthy tones
- The scent lasts for hours
- Comes packaged in a pretty blue glass bottle
- Excellent value buy
- Recommended for evening wear, so it may be a tad too heavy for day wear
Versace Pour Homme Eau de Toilette Spray
Characterized by an enticing, mineral-rich floral aroma, Versace Pour Homme Eau de Toilette delivers the goods: a woodsy, refreshing smell that works well for all seasons. At the heart of this unique scent are clary sage and blue hyacinth, complemented by deep, elegant notes of amber, musk, Moroccan cedar wood, and azalea. Versace knows how to bottle great-smelling manhood, and this cologne is no exception.
- 100 percent original; not a knockoff
- Has an enticing floral-rich aroma
- Other notes consist of amber, musk, Moroccan cedar wood, and azalea
- Great for all seasons
- Doesn’t last as long throughout the day as others
Nautica Blue Eau de Toilette Spray
Nautica Blue Eau de Toilette is fresher and more aromatic than most, at half the price.
Find on Amazon
For the budget-conscious shopper, look no further than Nautica Blue Eau de Toilette Spray. This versatile, rich scent includes notes of water lily, bergamot, and rustic sandalwood, all of which summon up imagery of being at the ocean on a warm day, feeling the salty breeze on your skin and the sand between your toes. It’s clean, subtle, and makes for the perfect everyday signature scent. Best of all, this cologne comes with a very affordable price tag.
- Outstanding value
- An energetic scent that’s anchored by sandalwood and musk, with appealing hints of basil and pineapple
- Rustic sandalwood offers a unique depth and richness
- Clean, fresh, and subtle; not too strong
- The scent is gone in a few hours
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pick a cologne that’s right for me?
First, there’s no rush—it takes time to figure out what you like and what scent best suits you. The base notes of any cologne are usually the strongest, so it does help to figure out what base note you like. Would you prefer something woodsy and musky, or more floral or citrusy? Maybe you’d like a more herbal scent, or something that’s light, fresh, and green. Do your research and figure out what base note(s) you like the best. And of course, another great way to pick your fragrance is to pay attention to what others are wearing and ask for recommendations.
Do you have any other tips for selecting the right fragrance?
Other than asking for recommendations, don’t be afraid to go to department stores and try out as many colognes as you want; that’s what fragrance counters are for. Keep in mind that scents react differently to different bodies, so it’s important to actually wear something as opposed to just smelling it.