Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
Soften and nourish your natural hair with Cantu’s coconut curling cream. It works like a dream, giving you the shiny, healthy, bouncy strands you’ve been dying for. The formula is hydrating without being greasy, thanks to a potent dose of pure-grade shea butter. Truly, this cream defines and conditions like no other.
- Moisturizes and strengthens hair with pure-grade shea butter
- Makes hair more manageable to style
- Smells incredible
- It doesn’t spread super-easily
SoftSheen-Carson Shining and Conditioning Gel
Featuring micro-emulsion technology for awesome hold, SoftSheen-Carson’s shining and conditioning gel is the clean, non-toxic styling solution for natural hair you’ve been looking for. After using this gel, your hair feels soft and protected, not stripped bare of nutrients in the way that it can sometimes feel when you use traditional styling gels. It’s flake-free, can be used on wet or dry hair, and is easy to apply.
- Excellent value
- Features micro-emulsion technology that allows for better hold
- No wax, flaking, or drying alcohol
- Does a fantastic job of taming frizz and flyaways
- Great for all kinds of styling
- The scent could stand to be improved
Cantu Sulfate-Free Cleansing Cream Shampoo
If you’re still using conventional shampoo, it’s time to make the switch to Cantu’s sulfate-free cleansing cream shampoo. This non-toxic shampoo gently cleanses every inch of your hair, helping to reduce breakage, calm frizziness, and nourish split ends. It’s made with high-quality shea butter and other clean ingredients, and unlike with some natural shampoos, you still get a rich, hearty lather when you soap up your scalp.
- Gently, thoroughly cleanses while helping to reduce breakage
- Made with top-quality shea butter
- Lightweight, non-greasy formula
- Creates a rich lather and removes heavy buildup
- Comes in multiple sizes
- You do need to be careful about using a deep conditioner afterward, as this creamy product is still a shampoo
Carol’s Daughter Goddess Strength Leave-In Conditioner
You'll look forward to using this beautifully organic conditioner.
Find on Amazon
The appropriately-named Carol’s Daughter Goddess Strength conditioner will have you looking and feeling like a goddess indeed. This incredible conditioner doesn’t just nourish and soften your hair (though it definitely does that); it actually makes your strands stronger so that you don’t have to endure split ends, frizziness, breakage, and other types of hair damage. Creamy and intensely moisturizing, this conditioner is blended with plenty of lovely, natural ingredients that smell positively dreamy.
- Intensely moisturizing and nourishing
- Makes hair stronger between washes so that it’s better able to resist breakage
- Helps to reinforce weak strands with every use
- Blended with a lovely, pleasant-smelling mix of castor oil, black cumin seed, and ginger
- There’s too much extra packaging with this product
Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Spray
Once you start using Shea Moisture’s anti-breakage spray, you’ll never want to be without it. Spritz this pleasantly scented mist on your damp strands after you step out of the shower, and look forward to hair that looks and feels its absolute best for hours on end. Aside from detangling and conditioning your hair, this powerful mist protects your hair from the damage that can be caused by sunlight, too much heat styling, and the environment. It’s simply sublime.
- Helps protect your natural hair from damage that comes from heat styling and environmental aggressors
- Includes Jamaican Black Castor oil
- Does a great job of detangling and conditioning your strands
- Refreshes and rehydrates your hair, giving it a glowy, pretty sheen
- Scented with essential oils
- Texture may feel sticky if too much is applied
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some must-have ingredients to look for in a good natural hair care product?
Since textured hair can dry out easily, it’s important to seek out products that nourish and hydrate your hair and scalp. Look for products that don’t contain parabens or sulfates (these are preservatives that can irritate your hair and scalp). Instead, look for clean ingredients like shea butter, argan oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and aloe vera (just to name a few). These natural ingredients won’t weigh your hair down, absorb well, and most importantly, condition your strands and lock in moisture.
What are some ways to promote natural hair growth?
To promote natural hair growth, there are some tried-and-true tips to follow. Aside from keeping your hair extremely well-moisturized, don’t wash your hair super frequently (once a week at most is the goal), sleep on a silk pillowcase, get regular trims to get rid of split ends, and always apply a protective spray or oil to your hair before heat-styling.