What to Look For
We took quality, consistency, and cost into consideration when vetting the top contenders on our list to make sure your feet are doted on just right. So, for example, if you’re looking for a daily foot lotion that’s easy to apply and easy to afford, then check out the softening cream by Gold Bond. On the other hand, if you’re in the market for something a bit more natural and don’t mind a slightly higher price tag, then consider the organic cream by Ancient Greek Remedy. Check out the rest of our favorites below to give your soles some proper soothing.
Dr. Scholl’s Ultra Hydrating Foot Cream
The potent ingredients in this foot cream penetrate deep into the skin for overnight results.
Find on Amazon
Having dry cracked feet isn’t just unsightly, it can also be quite painful. But if you’ve never moisturized your heels before, it’s hard to know where to begin. That’s where this intensive foot cream by Dr. Scholl’s can really help. When it comes to seriously strong salves, you just can’t beat the enriched formula of this particular cream. The added urea complex draws moisture right into the skin for results you can see and feel in just one use.
- Unlike other foot balms that have an intense smell, this slightly-fragranced cream isn’t too overwhelming for all-day wear.
- Feet come in all shapes and sizes, and so do the problems that affect them. Fortunately, this cream helps remove dead skin and redness just as much as it softens cracks and callouses.
- This cream may leave a chalky film on your hands after application, so you may want to wear gloves when putting it on.
Gold Bond Ultimate Softening Foot Cream
This daily-use foot cream is as affordable as it is effective in making your feet look and feel smooth again.
Find on Amazon
While pedicures may help your toes stand out, dry and flaky skin on your feet can ruin your open-toed look. But thankfully, daily moisturizing with a softening foot cream like this affordable option by Gold Bond can take care of this problem for you. With shea butter and added vitamins, this lotion brings out the softer side of your rough soles while rejuvenating your skin cells. Best of all, you won’t have to break the bank to get these healing benefits.
- Self-care shouldn’t mean throwing social responsibility out the window. That’s why we love that this salve isn’t tested on animals.
- You can moisturize your feet without feeling like you’re wearing an extra layer thanks to the quick-absorbing formula of this balm.
- Due to the smaller size, you’ll probably go through the tube rather quickly if you’re using it every day.
USA Naturals Tea Tree Oil Foot Cream
In addition to fighting and curing itchiness, this botanical foot cream moisturizes skin and may even relieve muscle pain.
Find on Amazon
Athlete’s foot is an all-too-common problem. But with the right foot cream, you can keep the itchiness and bad odors at bay, while still softening your soles in the process. We love this particular salve by USA Naturals because it uses a range of natural botanicals, including aloe vera and tea tree oils, to give your feet the full restorative experience. With this cream, you can minimize the itchy feeling associated with athlete’s foot while also protecting your feet from sun damage and inflammation.
- A little bit goes a long way with this foot cream. Just a pea-sized amount can cover both feet with a protective, moisturizing seal.
- The smaller size makes it the perfect companion for trips where you expect to walk a lot or be exposed to the sun frequently.
- The tea tree oil scent is very strong in this cream.
The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Cream
Give your feet a break with this foot salve that uses soothing English peppermint oil.
Find on Amazon
You can’t always get a foot massage when you need one, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t treat your soles after a long day on your feet. This cooling cream by The Body Shop provides minty fresh relief for dry feet while also moisturizing them. The active ingredient is peppermint oil, sourced straight from the English countryside, which gives the balm its signature scent and cooling feeling. You can even take this feeling with you on your travels thanks to the balm’s compact size.
- Because this foot cream isn’t greasy, it doesn’t stain socks or sheets after being applied.
- You can keep this balm in the fridge for instant relief on hotter days.
- This lotion costs a bit more than other comparable creams, but we feel that the quality justifies the price.
Ancient Greek Remedy Organic Foot Cream
Perfect for use on any skin type, this foot balm uses only cold-pressed oils to soothe and soften weary soles.
Find on Amazon
Though there are many effective foot creams on the market, not all of them will work with your skin type. So if you’re concerned about additives or other harsh ingredients, consider a more natural option like this organic foot salve by Ancient Greek Remedy. With six cold-pressed, unrefined oils in its formula, this preservative-free balm is safe to use on a daily basis. It can soothe sweaty feet while smoothing scaly skin, all without any irritation.
- The pump-bottle design makes dispensing your daily dose a breeze. Plus, one pump is all you need to seal and soothe each foot thanks to the spreadable consistency.
- Most foot creams work better after soaking and removing dead skin, which is why this lotion comes with a pumice stone to help you do just that in the shower.
- If you’re not careful, this balm could leave grease stains on sheets or floors during the first minutes after use. Once it dries, though, you won’t have to worry any more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best way to apply my foot cream?
Ideally, moisturizing treatments should be applied when your skin is most absorbent, which is why most experts recommend doing so right after bathing. For even better results, use a pumice stone after showering to remove dead skin before applying your foot cream. Lastly, put on a pair of socks afterward to make sure your feet keep absorbing the oils.
Can I use my foot balm on other parts of my body?
Foot creams are thicker and take longer to absorb compared to other types of body lotions. So, for rougher problem patches like knees and elbows, a foot cream would be ok to use, but it may be too intense for more sensitive areas such as the face.
About the Author
Why Trust Us
Since 2007, TotalBeauty has been committed to helping millions of people find the right makeup, skincare, and haircare products for their needs. Our experts know what works best for every face shape, skin type, hair type, and more. They are here to share that knowledge with everyone looking to upgrade their beauty routines or try something new.