Camryn’s BFF Gentle Edges Brush
This double-sided brush is an edge brush and comb combo that keeps your edges smooth, even on the go. One side features the classic boar-bristle edge brush that is firm, but comfortable enough to use (and can even be used to tame flyaways). The other end of the brush has a comb to groom and smooth edges, creating a polished and put-together final look. Designed to promote healthy hair growth and encourage retention, this brush works for all hair types – even for children. The affordable brush is a great alternative to a spare toothbrush, and the comb-brush combo will change how you think about hair care.
- The brush has two sides – a comb and a brush – to give you more options
- The boar bristles are firm, but still gentle enough to use, even on little ones
- The design is light and easy to use, so you can take it anywhere
- Some bristles may fall out
- You don’t get to choose which color brush you receive
BBTO Double-Sided Edge Brush (5-Piece)
With five brushes per pack, this set lets you stash your edge brushes everywhere. The nearly seven-inch-long brushes are all double-sided, with a gentle edge brush on one side and a fine comb on the other. Made to smooth edges, clean hair, and polish baby hairs, the brush is smooth against your skin but firm against your scalp for the best of both worlds. Get that polished, relaxed look you’ve always wanted with this must-have tool.
- The set includes five brushes in a range of colors, including red, black, white, pink, and purple
- The brushes are all double-sided, with a comb and brush combo for different hair types
- The brushes are the perfect size to easily transport and take anywhere
- Some bristles may fall out when first using the brush
- The brushes work best without an edge control or other hair product
Red by Kiss Ultimate Edge Fixer
This professional-quality brush will change the game. Designed to use specifically with edge control gel, it helps you get the perfect application you’re looking for. The end of the brush has two different options – a boar bristle brush and a comb – so you can get the exact effect you want. The other side has a fine-toothed comb to help get your baby hairs and flyaways under control. This single tool helps you get it all done.
- The 3-in-1 tool has a boar bristle brush and two combs to give you versatility in how you style your hair
- The brush is designed to use with edge control gel so you can use your favorite products
- The fine-toothed comb helps combat flyaways
- The brush is only available in a hot pink color
- Bristles may fall out of the brush when using with edge control gel
Goowin Dentangling Edge Brush (4-Piece)
This four-piece set has all the tools you need to perfectly style your hair.
Find on Amazon
This set has everything you need to master your mane. The detangling brush works with all curls to smooth and control, while the tail comb helps with parting, teasing, and styling. The set also includes two double-sided edge brushes to finish your look and control your baby hairs. Whether for kids or adults, this set is perfect for people who wear their natural curls to reduce tangles and damage. The detangling brush can even be used wet or dry to give you the most versatility, so you can use it to get rid of knots, but also to work through masks or product.
- The detangling brush works on both wet and dry hair, so you can use it anytime
- The edge brushes have firm bristles to help style edges easily
- The tail comb can be used for parting and styling, but also for hair color or highlights
- The set works for many hair types but is specifically recommended for 3a to 4c curly hair
- The brush can be slippery when wet
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an edge brush used for?
Edge brushes are used to brush and style baby hairs. They are made specifically for fine and fragile hairs that grow along the edge of your hairline, which is where the brush gets its name.
Can you use edge control every day?
Like most hair products, it’s important to rinse your hair of the old product before applying more. Many edge control products contain alcohol, which is very drying to the hair. Not doing so can cause breakage and damage to your edges. It’s also important to not use a brush that is too hard, which can also cause breakage.
How do you lay edges without edge control?
First, spray your hair with water and add a moisturizing styling product, like hair butter. This will help you get the same look as edge gel, without the build-up. Lay your edges, and cover your hair with a scarf until it dries. This process will give you the same effect as edge control gel but without the alcohol and drying properties.