Shaving Revolution Butterfly Open Safety Razor
This butterfly razor uses a double-edged blade for a closer shave.
Find on Amazon
Safety razors have been around for over a century now, and it’s not hard to see why. You get a closer long-lasting shave, and you don’t have to spend a fortune replacing your razor every few months. That’s why we recommend the Shaving Revolution’s butterfly open safety razor as an all-around great product to start with. Durable and long-lasting, this traditional razer uses a double-edged blade that can shave on both sides for a safer, pain-free cut every time. And because it’s made with a butterfly open design, blade replacement is as easy as it is efficient.
- We found that the blades stay sharp and last a long time. And when the time comes, Shaving Revolution includes ten replacement blades.
- When compared to its competitors. this razor’s longer handle provides you with more accurate maneuverability.
- We were pleased to see that this razor is strong enough to take on coarse hair.
- The blade rattles a bit if you shake the razor too much.
Weishi Nostalgic Butterfly Open Safety Razor
With a stainless steel design and easy to clean components, this safety razor is made to last.
Find on Amazon
Designed to feel good in your hands, this butterfly open razor has a hefty weight to it, so you never lose your place on your face. And the stainless steel design isn’t just for sleek looks, either. This baby is designed to withstand rust for years to come, with stainless steel blades that last longer between cycles as well. Best of all, its handmade craftsmanship means the razor is easy to clean, too, since every part of it can withstand whatever elements you throw at it.
- It’s easy to hold. There’s a good balance in the handle, and we love that its textured grip keeps the razor firmly in your hands.
- This razor is gentle enough to be used on your private areas.
- The blades on this razor are very easy to replace.
- We wish that this came with a holder as many razors do in this price range.
Facon Classic Safety Razor
The well-weighted distribution and twist-to-open design of this affordable safety razor will teach you how to shave with a the single-blade in no time.
Find on Amazon
Switching from a multi-cartridge razor to a safer, single-blade experience takes a bit of getting used to. That’s why it’s so important to choose a razor that’s ergonomically designed for your comfort. We love the Facon Classic Safety Razor precisely for this reason. This razor is specially designed to be heavier and more balanced than its competitors, leaving you with a comfortable, weighted experience that makes shaving a breeze. Thanks to the twist-to-open butterfly design, switching the blade is easy too. And with 50 extra replacement blades thrown in the mix, we think this razor is a steal.
- The blades may seem thin, but they’re made of genuine Japanese stainless steel.
- Veteran razor users will be impressed by how close the Facon shaves. You’ll get a close shave every time.
- After our shave, we didn’t experience any skin irritation.
- There is a learning curve with this razor, so expect a few nicks.
PerPro Safety Razor Shave Kit
This all-inclusive wet shaving kit comes with everything you need to get started.
Find on Amazon
One of the things we love most about getting a professional shave is the pampering that comes with it. What if we told you that you could have the same set-up in your own bathroom? The PerPro Safety Razor Shave Kit includes everything you need for the perfect wet shave but minus the price tag of a spa trip. You’ll get a classic twist-to-open butterfly razor designed for easy blade replacement, a synthetic nylon shaving brush, and a set of replacement blades. Since it comes with a shaving stand, you don’t have to hide all these gorgeous accessories away in your cabinets.
- This razor is very user-friendly, especially for newbies.
- The shaving brush evenly applies your shaving cream. Plus, it’s easy to clean
- The brush and bowl are smaller than if bought separately.
Weishi Rainbow Color Butterfly Open Razor
Ladies, you'll love the feel and close shave of this rainbow safety razor.
Find on Amazon
Just because safety razors were originally designed for men’s grooming doesn’t mean that ladies can’t benefit from the same close shave. If you’re tired of ingrown hairs and redness on sensitive skin, then try a wet shave for yourself with the super stylish Weishi rainbow color butterfly open razor. With a new ergonomic design handle for tighter movements, this razor will leave you smooth and scar-free all over. The package also comes with an instruction booklet to help first-time users shave and switch out the blades. And, of course, the bonus colorful rainbow design is plain fun to have on display on your shower caddy.
- The textured handle on this razor makes it much simpler to use in the shower or bath.
- The blade is fine enough for you to shave against the grain.
- Because of how the blade opens on the bottom, we found this razor to be easy to clean.
- The angle of the blade means you should apply caution when going around curvy areas like ankles and knees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I shave with a butterfly razor?
If you’re used to cartridge shaving only, then switching to a safety razor can be challenging. Fortunately, we’ve got some tips to help get you started. Firstly, use as little pressure as possible. Let the weight of the razor do most of the work. Next, shave with the grain rather than against it. Thirdly, angle the blade as far away from your face as possible when you do it. And finally, aim to trim and groom rather than finely shave everything off when you first try your hand at single-blade shaving.
How often should I switch my razor blade?
If you’re shaving once a day, then you’ll want to switch out your blade after about six shaves or about once a week. Keeping the blade in for longer than that can cause irritation over time if the edge dulls.
About the Author
Why Trust Us
Since 2007, TotalBeauty has been committed to helping millions of people find the right makeup, skincare, and haircare products for their needs. Our experts know what works best for every face shape, skin type, hair type, and more. They are here to share that knowledge with everyone looking to upgrade their beauty routines or try something new.