New York Biology Mud Mask
It's simple, really: use this mask if you want softer, fresher-feeling skin.
Find on Amazon
Cleanse the toxins away with this mud mask from New York Biology that’s designed to be gentle enough for everyday use but is still plenty heavy-duty. With a formula comprised of aloe, vitamin E, jojoba oil, calendula oil, and pure dead sea mud, among other natural ingredients, this hard-hitting mask purifies pores like no other. The result? Skin that’s radiant, softer, and altogether healthier.
- Great for all skin types, including oily, combination, dry, and sensitive
- The mineral-infused formula is particularly nourishing
- Gently purifies and helps clean out clogged pores
- Can help stimulate blood circulation
- There’s a nice soothing sensation afterward
- Results aren’t necessarily the fastest (but patience is a virtue)
Pure Body Naturals Pure Bentonite Powder
This mask works to benefit the skin by soothing and protecting your complexion for the long haul.
Find on Amazon
Some clay masks can be a tad harsh, but Pure Body Naturals’ Pure Bentonite Powder has a lovely soothing effect on the skin. It’s been known to help soothe redness and irritation, particularly if you have sensitive skin. That being said, it’s still a pretty powerful product. This mask is excellent for those times when your skin looks oily, uneven in tone, or just plain dull, and you want a little pick-me-up. Plus, it’s a great treatment for breakouts when paired with apple cider vinegar. Sensitive, dry skin types will simply love it.
- Made from gentle, natural, pure ingredients
- Leaves skin feeling soft and soothed
- Can be combined with water or apple cider vinegar to treat and prevent breakouts
- Great for drying up excess oil and banishing dullness
- Budget-friendly price point
- This mud is definitely messy — cleanup can take a while
MB Herbals Dead Sea Mud Mask
MB Herbals’ Dead Sea Mud Mask is a fabulous find for shoppers on a budget. Not only is this mask affordably priced, but it can work wonders on dull, problem skin, thanks to its purifying, softening formula that contains a bevy of nourishing minerals and salts. We also love that this mask doesn’t contain any weird additives or fragrances — what you see is what you get.
- Considering how much mud you get in one package, this is a great value
- Doesn’t contain any additives, unnecessary fragrances, or chemicals
- High in nourishing, hydrating minerals
- May help tighten and firm the skin
- The packaging for this product could stand to be improved
Lily Sado Matcha Made in Heaven Mud Mask
Lily Sado’s matcha-infused mud mask can be a fantastic tool in the fight to banish breakouts. This mask uses ingredients like matcha, parsley, and licorice root extract (just to name a few) to help reduce pore size, soak up excess oil, and purify the skin. And the vegan formula is free of parabens and phthalates, so you know you’re getting just the good stuff. Don’t be surprised if you have clearer, happier-looking skin after just a few uses.
- Can be effective in reducing acne and redness
- Made with healthy, natural ingredients that are great for the skin
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Gives your skin a lovely glow
- Definitely on the pricey end
Plantifique Dead Sea Mud Mask
Detox and unclog pores with none of the icky chemicals found in some other muds.
Find on Amazon
Get clear, glowing skin with Plantifique’s Dead Sea Mud Mask — no chemicals necessary. This gorgeously effective mask helps give your skin the spa treatment. It works well on virtually all skin types, even those who may be prone to redness or irritation. And that’s all thanks to its all-natural, chemical-free formula that’s made up of superfood ingredients like avocado and aloe vera, seven natural herbs, and 100% pure Dead Sea mud. Get ready to say goodbye to skin impurities and hello to your fresh, new face.
- Made with all-natural ingredients, including a unique combination of seven natural herbs
- The superfood ingredients in this mask are wonderfully healing and hydrating
- Great for purifying the skin
- Works well for even sensitive skin types
- You do have to be very consistent to see results
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of using body mud?
Body muds are rich in good-for-you nutrients and minerals that nourish and soothe the skin. Whether you’re struggling with acne, inflammation, dullness, or any number of other skin issues, a good mud mask can help improve the texture, tone, and clarity of your facial and body skin.
If I have sensitive skin, can I use body mud?
You likely can, but just to be on the safe side, it’s always best to do a small patch test before you slather mud all over your body (especially if you’re using it on your face).