What to Look For
When shopping for a massage chair, it’s important to keep the following three things in mind: the massage technique, the materials, and the target area. Comfier’s body massager quickly emerged as our top pick because it has everything you need in a massager, including deep tissue shiatsu massage for the neck and back, 2D/3D finger pressure shiatsu; plus, rolling, compression, vibration, and heat functions. Our runner-up by Snailax stood out for its memory foam and customization options. Read on below to learn more about our top picks and discover the right body massager for you.
Comfier Shiatsu Kneading Body Massager
Whether in the office or at home, this massager provides full-body relaxation that'll leave you feeling your best.
Find on Amazon
There’s nothing like relaxing in your favorite chair and enjoying a massage after a long day. This body massager by Comfier delivers relaxing neck, shoulder, back, waist, and thigh massages. It has four nodes that provide deep tissue massages on your neck and shoulders that help relieve tension and aid in relaxation. Moreover, it has a heat function that warms your muscles, helping to relieve stress and tightness.
- It’s ready to use right out of the box; there’s no assembly required. Plus, it helps relieve muscle tension in 15-minute sessions.
- You can raise and lower the neck massager with just a touch of a button, making it easy to adapt to your height.
- There’s a slight gap between the neck and back rollers.
Snailax Memory Foam Body Massager
With memory foam padding, heat therapy, and vibration, this body massager delivers maximum relief to tired muscles.
Find on Amazon
Snailax’s massager combines memory foam and a plush cover to deliver a relaxing massage. You can customize the massager, choosing to focus on the upper back, lower back, hips or thighs. Plus, it features six massage motors that help ease tension in your muscles, relieve soreness, and reduce fatigue. The massager also uses heat therapy to target the back and hips, helping to soothe achy muscles while keeping you warm during cold weather.
- This body massager boasts a variety of options allowing you to target specific body parts. You can also choose various massage settings, including kneading, tapping, rolling, and pulsating.
- It’s an excellent option for relieving tension and relaxing muscles if you have to sit in a chair for long periods. It helps ease back pain and fatigue.
- The cord is a bit short, so you may need to use an extension cord.
Slothmore Vibrating Seat Cushion Body Massager
Treat your weary muscles with this compression body massager featuring multi-layer massage airbags.
Find on Amazon
If the idea of a body massager that delivers warmth to your tired muscles sounds good to you, Slothmore’s body massager might be the right choice for you. The massager features an optional heat function that helps soothe muscle pain. That’s not all; the massager is fully adjustable and fits people of most heights. It features two vibration nodes and multi-layer massage airbags. Furthermore, it uses compression technology to massage your neck, back, hips, and thighs.
- We were impressed by how sturdy, and well-made this body massager is; it features soft leather and sports a classic look.
- The different levels of air massage target the neck, back, hips, etc., and the remote control makes it easy to use.
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t fit in smaller chairs.
Zyllion Shiatsu Deep Tissue Body Massager
Take this pillow body massager with you on the go to relieve your sore and tight muscles wherever you are.
Find on Amazon
If you want a body massager you can take with you wherever you go, look no further than this body massager by Zyllion. The compact massager features 3D deep kneading massage modes that deliver a deep tissue massage exactly where you want it. It was designed to mimic the movements of a shiatsu hand massage and helps ease tension, fatigue, and muscle soreness.
- Since this massager is so compact, you can position it exactly where you want on your body to target tense and sore muscles.
- This massager helps relieve joint pain, arthritis pain, and tight calves. It also effectively loosens muscles.
- While it’s not a dealbreaker, we do wish the cord were longer.
Snailax Massage Mat Full Body Massager
This body massager mat features ten motors designed to relax your entire body, helping relieve aches, pain, and tension.
Find on Amazon
This body massager by Snailax is a mat that lets you stretch out while enjoying a full-body massage. The ten massage motors help relieve tension, aches, stress, and fatigue. The mat’s four heat pads target various body parts, including the upper ad lower back, thighs, and calves. Moreover, you can use this mate on a recliner, bed, couch, chair, or the floor.
- This body massager helps relieve tension and relax muscles, reducing pain and discomfort associated with back pain, arthritis, and other conditions.
- It delivers a vibrating full-body massage from head to toe, and the heat helps soothe and loosen up sore muscles.
- The manual could give a more detailed explanation of how the unit works.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are body massagers good for you?
Body massagers have many health benefits, including increasing the flow of oxygen to the tissues and improving circulation. They also help reduce muscle tension and improve recovery after exercise. Moreover, a body massager’s gentle vibrations can help reduce stress and relax tense muscles. If you suffer from chronic pain, a body massager may help relieve your symptoms and help you manage your pain.
How often should I use a body massager?
If you’re new to body massagers, you should start using them for fifteen minutes at a time. That may not seem like a long time, but it’s enough time to receive the therapeutic benefits of a massage. If you spend too much time receiving a deep tissue massage, you may bruise your muscles, especially if you’re not used to regular massages.
About the Author
Why Trust Us
Since 2007, TotalBeauty has been committed to helping millions of people find the right makeup, skincare, and haircare products for their needs. Our experts know what works best for every face shape, skin type, hair type, and more. They are here to share that knowledge with everyone looking to upgrade their beauty routines or try something new.