Posted by Total Beauty 02/15/13 at 02:37PM
OK, so you're not the average, cookie-cutter bride, but you also don't want your wedding to be a crazy three-ring circus. If you've got a bit of a eccentric streak, you want your look to complement your personality on your big day, but you also don't want it to be distracting.
So we've come up with three different (and subtle) ways to show off your fun side. Don't worry, we're not suggesting you walk down the aisle with purple hair. Instead, these are easy ideas for the slightly quirky bride.
1. Try a colored mascara Wearing a mascara shade other than jet black on your wedding day is a fun and unexpected way to add a subtle touch of color. Dior Diorshow Waterproof Mascara in Bright Blue, $25, is a pretty option. Plus, it can count as your "something blue"!
2. Go for a cat eye A cat eye is perfect because you can make it as subtle or as dramatic as you'd like, depending on your desired level of quirky. It's best to use a liquid liner for this look, like Benefit Magic Ink, $20. For a bolder look, continue the winged cat eye up and out toward your brow line. The closer to the end of your eyebrow, the more dramatic your cat eye will look.
3. Wear bright nails It seems like every bride under the sun wears a soft nude or light pink polish on her wedding day. "Ballet Slippers" by Essie is practically the official color of brides everywhere. But there's no written rule that you must wear a neutral nail polish on your wedding day. Instead, go for a romantic red like Essie in Really Red, $8, or if you're feeling extra daring, try a glittery hot pink like Butter London in Disco Biscuit, $15.
RECENT BRIDAL VIDEOS
- Romantic Wedding Hairstyle (2:18) Views: 13436 Comments: 4
- Classic Wedding Hairstyle How-To (1:49) Views: 17040 Comments: 3
- Makeup For Photos (2:01) Views: 40011 Comments: 4