Join the team that's giving beauty advice a makeover
About Total Beauty Media Group
Founded in 2007, Total Beauty Media Group is a new media company that reaches 12 million readers monthly. We operate TotalBeauty.com, home of the largest database of independent, unbiased beauty product reviews for women. TotalBeauty.com features hundreds of thousands of user-generated reviews, spanning more than 45,000 products, including most known prestige, mass-market, salon, and spa products. In addition, the site publishes daily editorial coverage of beauty news and trends, including TotalBeauty.com TV, an immense library of beauty how-to videos.
Total Beauty Media Group's portfolio of digital beauty, health, and lifestyle media properties include: TotalBeauty.com, BeautyRiot.com, LimeLife.com, and ModernMan.com. Total Beauty Media Group is backed by USVP and Wallington Investments and based in Santa Monica, Calif. For more information about Total Beauty Media Group, visit TotalBeautyMedia.com.
Total Beauty Media Group is looking for a talented and highly skilled Email Marketing Manager to fully develop audiences against (1) email marketing, and (2) e-commerce initiatives. The candidate will need to drive growth for the company's strategic email marketing program across multiple online properties. This role works across editorial and marketing organizations within multiple online group properties. Total Beauty Media Group properties include TotalBeauty.com, TotalBeautyShops.com, BeautyRiot.com, LimeLife.com, ModernMan.com as well as the top-rated Total Beauty product review mobile app. Learn more at www.totalbeautymedia.com
The Email Marketing Manager owns on the entire email marketing function end-to-end. This person will be in charge of developing new products and strategies for driving new email subscribers, improving key email metrics (including delivered, open and click-through rates), and working with cross-functional teams to optimize the ROI of our email products and database.
Candidates must have strong prior direct responsibility for email-specific marketing development. This goes beyond simply designing and sending out email campaigns--viable candidates must also have a proven record of list building via on-site components as well as via social media channels and strategic co-registration partnerships.
The lead candidate should also have some experience working on direct/commerce businesses and success building email lifecycle marketing programs to grow these business. The role also leads email contractor and content development resources and should have experience managing cross functional teams.
The ideal candidate must be an extremely active and innovative digital marketing maven with a strong affinity for data's ability to impact product, sales and marketing decisions.
- Manage the planning, development and execution of daily emails for all sites under Total Beauty Media Group properties
- Build, test and launch simple to highly advanced email campaigns using an enterprise-level email management platform
- Develop and maintain email marketing database using on and off-site products and initiatives
- Use multiple analytics platforms to generate detailed reporting and share key insights with cross-functional teams on a weekly basis and apply learning to future emails
- Creates in-depth monthly reports/dashboards to share with management
- Manage deployment cadence and create forecast based on performance history/historical trends
- Manage relationships with email service providers and optimization partners (MobileStorm, ReturnPath)
- Develop and manage relationships with key email acquisition partners
- Conduct A/B tests to maximize email registration conversion and optimize other key email metrics (open rate, click-through rate, opt-out rate)
- Develop audience segmentation strategies and performs content/offer testing to optimize email campaigns
- Manage contract and vendor team resources
- Required: 3+ years online consumer digital e-mail marketing experience
- Required: Experience with enterprise-level email marketing platforms and vendors
- Consumer internet background, preferably from companies that relied on email to drive at least 20% of their site visits
- Exceptional analytical, planning and project management skills
- Prior experience supervising and managing subordinates
- Outstanding creative and strategic thinking abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Self-motivated; able and willing to perform and deliver with very little supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task
- Familiarity with basic HTML coding desired
- Prior team management experience preferred
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Paid vacation
- Stock options
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please submit your resume, cover letter to:
About Total Beauty Media, Inc.
Founded in 2007, venture-backed Total Beauty Media, Inc., operates TotalBeauty.com, home of the largest database of independent, unbiased beauty product reviews for women. TotalBeauty.com features hundreds of thousands of user-generated reviews spanning more than 45,000 products, including most known prestige, mass-market, salon and spa products. In addition, it publishes daily editorial coverage of beauty and beauty health--related news and trends, including TotalBeauty.com TV, its immense library of beauty how-to videos. TotalBeauty.com and its community of beauty bloggers and beauty-related sites collectively generate more than 12 million monthly unique visitors. Total Beauty Media's other properties include BeautyRiot.com, LimeLife.com, ModernMan.com as well as the top-rated Total Beauty product review mobile app.