Um, How Much Would You Pay for a Facial?
- Posted by Anna on July 27, 2011 at 09:51AM
So news on the (beauty) street is that Mila Kunis recently got a $7,000 facial. Which prompts me to think: "Alright, we get it -- you're famous and therefore have plenty of Benjamins to burn on skin care treatments. But what on earth could they be doing in this facial that would warrant it costing as much as my used Toyota Corolla?"
I, of course, don't have the answer to this. But I have found out what they are doing during other expensive facial treatments that cost not quite a mint, but some hefty amounts nonetheless.
Dr. Reza Nabavian, MD, a plastic surgeon and Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, filled me in on the different kinds of facials and skin treatments that his celebrity and super wealthy Beverly Hills (la tee da) clients seek out:
IPL Photofacial: Approximately $250 to $400 per session
Intense Pulse Light is used in photofacial treatments to penetrate the skin on the deepest levels, causing the body to produce new collagen and connective tissue, thus creating healthier and smoother skin. "IPL has different effects," says Nabavian. "It can help with general skin improvement, tone, and pore size. For ladies with sun spots, IPL is beneficial for more acute change."
Chemical Peel: Approximately $150 to $800
"Chemical peels use a chemical solution to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin by removing its damaged outer layers," says Nabavian. It is helpful for those individuals with facial blemishes, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation. A chemical peel may also remove pre-cancerous skin growths, soften acne facial scars and even control acne, he says.
Thermage: Approximately $1,800 to $5,000
"Thermage may be valuable to prevent or treat mildly loose skin," says Nabavian. It's a clinically proven way to tighten and contour skin, he says, and it stimulates your own collagen to improve skin tone, contour, and texture.
Facials aren't the only spa expenditures that are super pricey. Check out these 10 best spa treatments in the U.S. and how to recreate them at home on the cheap here.
And tell me, what's the most you would pay for an amazing facial?
- Read previous blog:
Top 10 Reasons It\'s Better to Be a Girl
- Read next blog:
The Price of Pretty: Would You Buy Any of These Expensive Beauty Products?
- MirelaBeqo: try to use boobpopo tool It took me a moment to get used to the sensations coming from these pads, but once you do figure them out, I...
- casey_callahan: COLOR YOUR HAIR, PROTECT YOUR SKIN with COLORGUARD Skin Protecting Strips, the Ultimate in Skin Protection, NOW IN A STRIP! COLORGUARD...
- lnsay_lana: Hey friends, to make your breast bigger, you should use a naturally exercise guide, it's very effect and safe without pill or surgery....
- RebeccaTurner: Exercises can be done to enlarge the breasts as well. It is the cheapest and most natural way to enlarge them. It does require a lot of...
- gerrsbabe: I love green tea, but had no idea it was such a versatile beauty ingredient. I am going to have to stock up! Thanx...