The Craziest Makeup Trend I've Seen This Week
- Posted by Stephanie on July 13, 2011 at 03:56PM
I'm almost certain that everyone knows a fearless lady -- or gentleman -- whose makeup only gets more fabulous with age. Well past the age of insecurities, these eccentric types aren't afraid to experiment with color and will mostly likely continue to do so 'till the day they die. For these daring spirits among us, Illamasqua has created a new service -- "Final Act of Self Expression" -- that brings fierce makeup to the funeral parlor.
Yep. You read that right.
I know it sounds super crazy, but Illamasqua's campaign is inspiring me to get a little more creative with my makeup already. After all, there's no better time than now -- while I'm still alive, right? Although the avant-garde funeral makeup is only available in London, I'm sure it will offer up all kinds of inspiration for those who lose makeup-fanatic loved ones on this side of the pond.
Here's the thing, though: Since I read about this campaign I can't get a disturbing image out of my head. It goes something like this: A confused grade schooler goes up to a casket to bid her grandma a final farewell, but upon seeing her in full-on Illamasqua-style makeup, immediately bursts into tears of fear. Grandma's passing away alone should be traumatic enough; adding seriously dramatic makeup to that scene just seems downright cruel!
While the thought of wearing statement-making makeup 'till the day you're dead is appealing to some, I'm sure, I think it's much better suited for a gutsy editorial spread.
But really, talk about going out with a bang. Can you imagine darling granny in fit-for-a-tranny makeup?
- Read previous blog:
The New Curling Iron You Need for Perfect, Wavy Hair
- Read next blog:
Celebrity Makeup Artist Takes Us Bargain Shopping
- Kata: I use SCHILD Natural Hair Color Stain Protector. It prevents hair color stains on the skin while coloring hair. It is 100% natural,...
- MirelaBeqo: try to use boobpopo tool It took me a moment to get used to the sensations coming from these pads, but once you do figure them out, I...
- casey_callahan: COLOR YOUR HAIR, PROTECT YOUR SKIN with COLORGUARD Skin Protecting Strips, the Ultimate in Skin Protection, NOW IN A STRIP! COLORGUARD...
- lnsay_lana: Hey friends, to make your breast bigger, you should use a naturally exercise guide, it's very effect and safe without pill or surgery....
- RebeccaTurner: Exercises can be done to enlarge the breasts as well. It is the cheapest and most natural way to enlarge them. It does require a lot of...