News Flash: Why Your Hair Products Aren't Working
- Posted by Kristen on September 22, 2008 at 04:35PM
While backstage at Monique Lhuillier, I spoke with genius hairstylist Eugene Souleiman, above, who told me one of the most eye-opening hair tips I've heard lately. It sounds like a no-brainer, but I've never heard anyone say it before and it makes so much sense. He said to get the full benefits of any styling product you use, you must apply it to clean hair that is free of any other product. Not doing so is a main reason why women may think a product isn't working. He explained that products are designed to penetrate the cuticle of the hair and if there is something (like another product) getting in the way, the product won't work as well. Makes sense, right? I'm sure this isn't the case with every product, but it might explain a lot of product problems at home. Thanks Eugene!
- Read previous blog:
Eyebrows Bleached at Marc Jacobs!
- Read next blog:
Bobbi Brown\'s Tip for Transitioning Makeup for Spring
- Kata: I use SCHILD Natural Hair Color Stain Protector. It prevents hair color stains on the skin while coloring hair. It is 100% natural,...
- MirelaBeqo: try to use boobpopo tool It took me a moment to get used to the sensations coming from these pads, but once you do figure them out, I...
- casey_callahan: COLOR YOUR HAIR, PROTECT YOUR SKIN with COLORGUARD Skin Protecting Strips, the Ultimate in Skin Protection, NOW IN A STRIP! COLORGUARD...
- lnsay_lana: Hey friends, to make your breast bigger, you should use a naturally exercise guide, it's very effect and safe without pill or surgery....
- RebeccaTurner: Exercises can be done to enlarge the breasts as well. It is the cheapest and most natural way to enlarge them. It does require a lot of...