Makeup Toting "Mad Men" Barbies Debut After Premier
- Posted by Kristen on July 26, 2010 at 05:15PM
If it was socially acceptable for me to play with Barbies at my age, I would, no doubt. Unfortunately, this is not the case. It is however acceptable for me to collect Barbies, as long as I keep them on a shelf and don't secretly comb their hair at night or parade them around in their dream house. So needless to say I was elated to hear that following the world premier of "Mad Men" last night, Mattel launched (available today) the "Mad Men" Barbie Collection consisting of the four most popular characters: Don Draper, Betty Draper, Roger Sterling and Joan Holloway.
The "Mad Men" Collection is available at BarbieCollector.com for a whopping $74.95 -- obviously not the perfect present for little Susie's fifth birthday. While the dolls don't come toting their signature highballs or cigarettes, they do come with what I believe to be way more impressive accessories. The lovely Betty Draper, the "quintessential All American Girl" as Mattel calls her, comes with her favorite shade of coral lipstick (perfect for a summer debut as coral lipstick is one of the 11 best makeup looks for this season), a comb and a gold compact engraved with a "B" for Betty. Everyone's favorite redhead, Joan Holloway, sports classic red lipstick to complement her fiery strands (find out if the real-life Holloway, Christina Hendricks' crimson color is the real deal here).
So will you shelve your embarrassment for loving Barbie over 30 and pick up these retro-chic "Mad Men" dolls?
Not a fan of coral or red lipstick? Take this quiz to find out which lipstick hue is perfect for your skin tone.
While Draper's classic French twist always looks dashing, not all retro styles are worth bringing back. See the best and worst of retro celebrity hairstyles.
Want in on a little beauty discount secret? See how to get great deals and exclusive offers on beauty products here.
- Read previous blog:
New Skin Care Product That\'ll Give You Feet as Soft as a Baby\'s Tush
- Read next blog:
Eat Your Way To a Younger-Looking Face With These Anti-Aging Skin Care Tips
- Kata: I use SCHILD Natural Hair Color Stain Protector. It prevents hair color stains on the skin while coloring hair. It is 100% natural,...
- MirelaBeqo: try to use boobpopo tool It took me a moment to get used to the sensations coming from these pads, but once you do figure them out, I...
- casey_callahan: COLOR YOUR HAIR, PROTECT YOUR SKIN with COLORGUARD Skin Protecting Strips, the Ultimate in Skin Protection, NOW IN A STRIP! COLORGUARD...
- lnsay_lana: Hey friends, to make your breast bigger, you should use a naturally exercise guide, it's very effect and safe without pill or surgery....
- RebeccaTurner: Exercises can be done to enlarge the breasts as well. It is the cheapest and most natural way to enlarge them. It does require a lot of...