Day-to-Night Makeup Challenge
- Posted by Stephanie on May 18, 2011 at 11:09AM
As a self-proclaimed beauty addict, I've spent countless hours watching YouTube makeup tutorials on "day-to-night" looks that take you from office appropriate to va-va-voom. Somehow, fascination has never translated to my real life since my usual look for work consists of concealer, eyeliner and mascara (so not exciting).
Just as I was contemplating making more exciting after-work plans to get dolled up for, L'Occitane announced a makeup challenge with their new Pivoine Flora Collection. Coincidence? Perhaps, because it's not like they lined up a date for me as well
So I took the challenge and decided to create a "good for the office" look and a "good for the club" look. For the day look I wanted to create something romantic, yet subtle, since the Pivoine Flora Collection featured spring colors. I wanted the look to be colorful and soft (unlike my usual look). For the night look, I definitely wanted to play around with the Eye Duo Bianche Etoile since the dark color was a pretty shimmering midnight and was the perfect shade for an exciting night out.
Here is how I created each look:
1. I used concealer to hide my under-eye circles, redness around the nose, and define my Cupid's bow.
2. Using the Eye Duo palette in Lilas, I took the lilac color and applied it to my eyelid as a base. Afterwards, I took the champagne color and dabbed it at the inner corners of the eye for an opening effect and blended it into the lilac eyeshadow.
3. Using dark purple color from the Eye Quartet palette, I used a small brush to line my eyes, bringing the color to my lower lash line as well.
4. For cheeks I used the Color Cream in Abricot, applying the matte apricot color from the apples of my cheeks to up the cheekbones. I used the lighter cream for highlights underneath my eyes, the bridge of my nose, Cupid's bow, and chin for the appearance of more defined features.
5. I used the Healthy Glow Face Powder's darker color and brushed it on my cheeks, jaw line, and side of my nose for even more defined features and glow.
6. Applied my favorite mascara, as always.
7. No look would be complete without some lip color, so I used the Lip Shine gloss in Rose for a hint of color.
1. I used concealer to hide all my imperfections again.
2. Using the darker shade in the Eye Duo Bianche Etoile, I dabbed it onto the entire eyelid and blended the edges but left the brow bone bare.
3. I layered more of the Bianche Etoile dark color along the lashline and blended upwards to form a gradient effect.
4. I dabbed the dark purple shade from the Petals Eye Quartet to the same lashline area, adding some warmth and depth to the eye color.
5. I dusted the Eye Duo Bianche Etoile white onto the brow bone to highlight it. Sidenote: I was glad that the colors of the palette are shown on the front so I didn't need to keep on opening and closing the palette to see the colors.
6. Using the dark color from Eye Duo Bianche Etoile again, I lined my lower lash line.
7. I tightlined my upper and lower water lines with black eyeliner to make my lashes look fuller. I also thinly lined the upper lid with black liquid eyeliner and winged it slightly at the end because I cannot live without eyeliner.
8. I wore double coats of mascara for a more dramatic false lashes effect.
9. To finish off the dramatic look with simple lips, I used the Astonishing Lip Balm for shine and subtle color.
My favorites from the collection were the lip products: Pivoine Flora Lip Shine in Rose and the Astonishing Lip Balm. Both applied on my lips smoothly and kept them moisturized. My lips have a tendency to dry out when I use lip gloss, but the Lip Shine stayed put on my lips without drying it out. The color was flattering and the subtle shimmer was enough to be noticed without being crazy. The Astonishing Lip Balm goes on clear and turns into a personalized shade of pink with subtle shine, so it's going to be a great makeup bag staple.
Hopefully this inspired you to try your own day-to-night look! What did you think of mine? Any suggestions?
- Read previous blog:
Dove Skin Care and DWTS Have a New Rising Star
- Read next blog:
Makeup Gets Interactive: Social Networks, Virtual Makeovers, and More
- Kata: I use SCHILD Natural Hair Color Stain Protector. It prevents hair color stains on the skin while coloring hair. It is 100% natural,...
- MirelaBeqo: try to use boobpopo tool It took me a moment to get used to the sensations coming from these pads, but once you do figure them out, I...
- casey_callahan: COLOR YOUR HAIR, PROTECT YOUR SKIN with COLORGUARD Skin Protecting Strips, the Ultimate in Skin Protection, NOW IN A STRIP! COLORGUARD...
- lnsay_lana: Hey friends, to make your breast bigger, you should use a naturally exercise guide, it's very effect and safe without pill or surgery....
- RebeccaTurner: Exercises can be done to enlarge the breasts as well. It is the cheapest and most natural way to enlarge them. It does require a lot of...