Copy Kate Winslet's Beauty Look From the SAG Awards
- Posted by Kristen on January 28, 2009 at 04:16PM
Though I didn't watch the whole ceremony, I did catch the red carpet parade. And honestly, I can't get over how stunning Kate's been looking (agree?). Tousled updos (similar to the ones in these photos) and natural, but glam makeup looks (see a similar look recreated in this how-to video) have been serving her well. Here's the breakdown on how her glam squad created last night's look:
Celebrity makeup artist Jillian Dempsey lined Kate's top lids with liquid liner (try Lancome Artliner in Noir) and followed that with a dusting of shimmery peach shadow (try Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Eyeshadow). Nude lip pencil and sheer nude gloss (try Lancome Color Fever Gloss in Engaging) finished the classic look.
Frederic Fekkai stylist Renato Campora started Kate's side-parted low bun by blow-drying hair with a large round brush after applying mousse (try Fekkai More All-Day Density Styling Whip). He created a side part, and then using a one-inch curling iron (try Conair Instant Heat 1" Curling Iron) added waves to Kate's hair. He secured her hair into a low pony, loosely braided it, and pinned it into a bun.
Manicurist Deborah Lippmann polished Kate's nails with a sheer pink lacquer (try Lippmann Collection Nail Lacquer in Prelude to a Kiss) to complement her striking blue dress.
Think the stars in these photos looked better?
Need more handholding to create a bun like this? Watch this video.
- Read previous blog:
Have You Tried the 21 Best Body Washes Ever Made Yet?
- Read next blog:
When Curling Irons Attack ... and other STUPID beauty accidents
- EricaF123: I start at the top, thanks for the advice
- acne: I love my hairs because recently I have taken hair straightening. Now I have smooth and silky hairs.
- cp96: i totally get where u are coming from but i still get suckered in every time.
- EricaF123: You've really opened my eye to the benefits of green tea. Thanks!
- MizzPink: I think it's cute BUT this is one trend I won't be doing.
People Style Watch