1. Apply a texturizing serum, like Frederic Fekkai COIFF Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel, $25, throughout your hair from roots to tips. Scrunch your fingers through your hair to diffuse the product and create texture.
2. Create a deep side part, then separate a 3-inch section of your hair from your part to the top of your ear. Clip the back portion out of the way as necessary.
3. Loosely French braid this section from the part, along the perimeter of your hair, and down to your ear. Once you reach your ear, braid the rest of this hair as usual and clip to the side.
4. Gather the rest of your hair, including the braided section, into a ponytail at the nape of your neck. Tease the ponytail ends gently, and then wrap the ponytail around the base of your elastic to form a bun.
5. Finish by misting with hairspray, like Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Touchable Hairspray, $8.99.
SEE NEXT PAGE: Miranda Kerr's Purrrfect Cat Eye