Your No. 1 Winter Beauty Question, Answered
We called in an expert for a solution to the wintertime beauty woe that affects the most of our readers
As for an under eye cream or serum, Jaliman says to think high-octane: "Choose those with caffeine, [because it will] constrict the blood vessels under the eyes, decreasing blood flow and darkness." Other ingredients that will make or break your under eye cream:
• Peptides, which stimulate collagen production and thicken the thin skin under the eye.
• Retinol is another ingredient that encourages cell turnover and collagen production. It should be used at night, because sunlight makes retinol ineffective.
• If you're choosing a retinol product, Jaliman recommends it contain hyaluronic acid so your skin retains moisture.
Skin-lightening products are another choice for those with perpetually dark circles.
• Arbutin is a skin-lightening ingredient that is found naturally in bearberry fruit that inhibits melanin.
• Kojic acid, licorice extract, and vitamin C also have skin-lightening properties and are safe for use on the skin.
SEE NEXT PAGE: Go Buzz Lightyear on Your Bags