7 Snacks That Taste Fatty But Keep You Skinny
These quick and delicious snack foods are finger-lickin' good for you
3 cups peeled, cored, and sliced pears
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1/2 cup steel-cut oats
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat six 4-ounce ceramic ramekins with canola oil spray.
2. Mix together the pears, cranberries, cane juice, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl until well combined.
3. Mix together the butter, flour, brown sugar, canola oil, nutmeg, cinnamon, honey, and oats in a small bowl.
4. Fill each ramekin with 1/2 cup pear mixture, then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of topping.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden brown. Serve warm.
Each serving contains:
33 g carbohydrates
3 g fat
3 g protein
2 mg sodium
5 g fiber
SEE NEXT PAGE: Summer Fruit Parfait