16 Hair and Makeup Shortcuts
Top hair and makeup pros backstage at New York Fashion Week spill their timesaving tricks -- steal them and you might actually make it to work on time
Learn timesaving hair and makeup tips now.
While backstage, we elbowed our way to the model's hair and makeup chairs to pick the brains of the many talented makeup artists and hairstylists who know (and likely create) all the trends we all end up following. And they also know how to make models look fantastic in a pinch (even at 6:30 am) because they sometimes literally have to get 'em runway-ready in minutes (and no, we're not exaggerating). And since we real women need to be out-the-house-ready in minutes too -- like everyday -- we got makeup artists: Napoleon Perdis, Tom Pecheux, Dick Page, Nadine Luke, Sarah Lucero, Luc Buchard, Mally Roncal and Romero Jennings; hairstylists Leonardo Manetti, Ted Gibson, Mara Roszak, Guido Paulo and Orlando Pita; and nail pros Jin Soon and Theresa Stanley to spill on their hair and makeup shortcuts.
Thanks to them, you'll learn timesaving beauty tips like:
• how to cut down on flat ironing time
• how to fix eyeliner mistakes quickly
• how to create a wavy texture in minutes
• how to make your nails presentable in a snap
• how to easily define your eyes
• how to create a perfect sleek hair style in a jiffy
• how to snaz up your look quick with colored eyeliner
• how to use bronzer to create a total makeup look
• how to create an updo in no time
Phew. See, told ya we were busy backstage.
See the full list of hair and makeup shortcuts now.
SEE NEXT PAGE: Apply mascara first