Makeup Tutorial: False Eyelashes
Master the art of choosing and applying eye sexifying false lashes -- once and for all -- with this easy-to-follow makeup tutorial
1. Let your eye makeup be your guide. If you're going for a smoky eye, then you need a dark, dramatic set of lashes, otherwise they won't show up. Basically, the darker the eye makeup, the darker your lashes should be.
2. If you want to open up your eyes or have wide-set eyes, look for lashes that are longer in the center.
3. If you have close-set eyes, look for lashes that are longer at the outer corners to make the distance look wider.
4. If you want a more natural look with just some lift, try a half-strip of lashes and apply them on the outer half of your eyes.
5. Look for lashes that vary in length for a more natural look. Lashes that are all one length and stick straight up will give you a mod '60s look -- which is fine if that's what you're going for, otherwise it can look dated and fake.