Makeup Tutorial: False Eyelashes
Master the art of choosing and applying eye sexifying false lashes -- once and for all -- with this easy-to-follow makeup tutorial
1. Before using the glue, apply the lashes to your lids to see how they fit. The strips should be the same length as your natural lash line. If they're not, trim a bit off the ends to get the right length.
2. Hold out your false lash strip and apply a thin line of glue at the base.
3. Wait a few seconds for the glue to get tacky; it will keep your lashes from sliding around on your lids.
4. Use your fingers or tweezers/applicator to press the lashes into the base of your lash line. Start at your outer corners and work your way in. Gently press down to keep the glue from bubbling up.
5. Give the glue about two minutes to dry, then curl your lashes (real and fake together) with your eyelash curler. This will get the strip even closer to the lash line and help mesh your real lashes with the fake ones for a more natural look. Plus, it reduces the tension on your eyelids and makes them feel more comfy, Babaian says.
6. If you have light lashes or if you want to make your real lashes mesh with the fakes better, then apply a very natural-looking mascara. Try Clinique Lash Power Mascara, $14.
Next: Learn how to apply individual lashes
SEE NEXT PAGE: Individual lashes
Health & Beauty