13 Everyday Habits That Are Giving You Acne
Your hormones aren't always to blame -- turns out some of these unconscious habits might be causing your acne
• Artificial Color -- Look for FD&C in the ingredients list, which means the product has artificial color. This can irritate the skin and if it's in your lipstick or blush, it can cause breakouts around your mouth or on your cheeks.
• Lanolin -- This is basically the fancy term for sheep sebum (sebum = oil) and while it can be good for dry skin, it's not right for acne-prone skin.
• Mineral Oil -- This forms a film on your skin, trapping dead skin cells and bacteria (prime causes of acne) and it can also give you milia, those tiny white bumps on your skin.
• Petroleum -- This is oil, and as you may have guessed, you don't really need to be putting more oil on your face.
• Isopropyl Myristate -- This can actually make your skin feel less greasy, but it also clogs pores and causes skin irritation.
• Artificial Fragrance -- This can irritate your skin and cause breakouts. Try to use as many fragrance free products as possible.
SEE NEXT PAGE: Habit No. 2: Over-drying your face