Twitter-fied Beauty Advice in 140 Characters (or Less)
You guys are always firing questions to us on social. Here are our quickie solutions
1. How do I clear my complexion safely, quickly, painlessly and easily?
That's easy: Stay hydrated, exfoliate daily, wash face morning and night, and use noncomedogenic moisturizer.
2. How do I make lipsticks last longer? It's ridiculous to keep changing them every year and a half and expensive too for make-up obsessed people like me who own 15 to 20 at a time.
Lipstick has perishable ingredients, so it typically lasts about one to two years. Try storing it in the fridge to extend its shelf life.
3. Why, at age 34, do I CONSTANTLY have pimples on my chin? I have tried many face washes and moisturizers but nothing seems to work.
Try products with glycolic acid and tea tree oil like M-61 Power Cleanse.
4. Why do beauty companies discontinue some of their top rated, best selling great products?
So they can launch new ones each season. Take old items to a beauty store and ask for an evergreen match.
5. How do I properly cover-up breakouts/red marks/melasma for a full day of work & play (eight to 10 hours) without fading, hyperpigmentation, or looking cakey?
Look for a concealer that's labeled maximum coverage and water proof. We like Make Up Forever and Physicians Formula.
6. How do I get rid of skin tags?
A home remedy for minor skin tags is painting clear nail polish onto them for several days. For more serious ones, consult a doctor.
7. How to cure old scars? I so want to wear shorts/skirts but I cannot because of my scars.
Try a scar fading treatment like ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets. For more advanced treatments, talk to a dermatologist about laser removal.
8. My face is REALLY dry no matter what I put on it! Any suggestions?
Use Aquaphor Healing Ointment sparingly. For everyday moisture, we like Mary Kay Intense Moisturizing Cream.
9. How do I cover black circles under my eyes without looking like a clown? I wear very expensive makeup but nothing works. I'm currently using Bare Minerals but it fades under my eyes.
Stop powdering. Cream concealers work best. Use a concealer that's designed for dark circles like 5 Cream Camouflage Cream Palette.
10. How do I get rid of the dreaded sun spots/melasma?
Exfoliate and use a brightening serum to fade pigmented spots. You can also try fading serums like Darks Spots No More.