Sonia Kashuk: We'll Have What She's Having
You don't need a makeup artist to get gorgeous results. You just need her insider secrets -- which Sonia's happy to share
1) TB: Tell us about your new bath and body collection. What was your inspiration?
SK: The collection reinforces what I set out to do originally, which was bring the element of luxury to women everywhere. It's not always available, and it's something that makes us all feel good.
2) TB: What was the first makeup product you ever tried when you were growing up? Do you still use it today?
SK: I was full-on drag as teenager. I can't even believe I'm saying this, but I was all about eye makeup and a dark lip. And I wore a lot of foundation to cover up breakouts and blemishes. But even to this day, I still believe in a great foundation. It's such a powerful tool in makeup.
3) TB: Who inspires you?
SK: My husband. The world. I look to so many things for inspiration. I try to travel about two to three times a year. Whether it's a bazaar in Istanbul or a market in Morocco, you can find so many gems around the world that you couldn't necessarily find here.
4) TB: Name three things that make you happy.
SK: My kids, my husband and my home.
5) TB: You have five minutes to throw some makeup on. What do you use?
SK: My go-to item is illuminating bronzer. Then my neutral eye palette, an eyelash curler and mascara, then I'd do my brows. And if I really had five minutes, I'd just throw on a light lip color like Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Color.
6) TB: What's the secret to your signature top knot?
SK: Laziness. I'm terrible with hair and I have this incredibly curly, big, crazy hair. When I was younger I wanted it gone. So now to deal with not doing it, I just throw it up. The older I get, I just pull it tighter.
7) TB: If you weren't working in beauty, what would you do?
SK: I'd be at home. I love organizing and the accessory side of decorating. I believe in form and function, and making things look cool. I'd definitely be involved in something creative or design-oriented.