Health & Beauty
Get the Look: Braided Beret
Re-create this stylish take on hat hair straight from NYFW 2014
1. On damp hair, create a deep right side part and distribute Kérastase Mousse Bouffante, $36, throughout.
2. Apply Kérastase Lift Vertige, $36, at the roots and blow dry hair in sections with hands.
3. On dry hair, disperse Kérastase Touche Perfection, $35, throughout for softness and shine, followed by Kérastase Powder Bluff, $36, for added texture.
4. Starting at the part, create a large braid that swoops down around the face going towards the back right side of the head. Spray with Kérastase Laque Dentelle, $36, as you go to set the look. For added fullness and definition, add in three small strips of hair extensions one shade lighter than your natural color along the side part at the top of the head before creating the braid.
5. Continue braiding with the rest of the length so the braid sits at the back of the head, and secure with a clear elastic.
6. Using your fingers, lightly rough up the front of the braid and top of the head for a slightly undone look.
7. Spray with more Laque Dentelle to keep the style in place.
Pair your beret with the makeup look that artist James Boehmer, NARS Director of Global Artistry, created backstage:
1. Prep your face with NARS Luminous Moisture Cream, $62, to refresh and brighten skin, then apply NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, $42, for a translucent veil of color.
2. Brush your brows upward with NARS Brow Gel, $22, in Oural (clear), then line inner rims with NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner, $24, in Khao San Road, an electric aquamarine. Coat lashes with NARS Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara, $25.
3. Apply NARS The Multiple, $39, in Na Pali Coast, a shimmery rose, to lips and top it off with a coat of NARS Lip Gloss, $25, in Triple X for a high-shine finish.