The Secret Beauty Weapons of Southern Girls
Forget the way they talk, it's the Southern girls' beauty tips that will knock you out
Whatever the reason, Southern fans of the Huffington Post took to their Twitter, Facebook and Instagram feeds to indoctrinate the world into their clandestine practices. Now, while we're not saying that all their tips are necessarily "expert approved," we do give the ladies props for ingenuity and determination.
READ: The 9 Most Horrifying Beauty Tips Ever
Here's a sampling of their golden nuggets of beauty wisdom: (Check out the full list here.)
1. "I used to hairspray my face to keep my makeup from melting if I was going to be outside all day."
2. "Aspirin ... as a face mask ... it's like a chemical peel."
3. "Fresh lemon juice to clear pimples."
4. "Witch hazel as a toner and Vaseline as an eye makeup remover ... and get your beauty sleep!"
5. "Castor oil to grow out eyelashes and eyebrows!"
6. "Best skin moisturizer? Petroleum jelly! I use it after shower every day and my skin is super soft, smooth and youthful."
7. "I use Aquaphor on my face every night."
8. "Place a compact mirror flat on your vanity and look into it when applying mascara to avoid getting mascara on your eyelids."
9. "Learn how to fake a smile that doesn't look fake, wear big ugly hats to work in the garden, wash your makeup off every night no matter what, wear perfume everyday even if it's just for yourself, shave your legs even during winter, find a red lipstick that suits you & wear it often."
10. "Glycolic acid 30% used daily as a toner."
Have a beauty tip of your own? Please share in the comments section below, we're all ears!
READ: The 15 Best Beauty Tips We've Ever Heard
Health & beauty
Health & beauty