At What Age Do Women Feel Most Beautiful?
A new poll reveals what most women find to be their magic number
Drum roll please...
The majority of women polled said that 29 was their peak beauty year. Besides the obvious (acne's cleared up, no wrinkles yet, etc.) most cited feeling "confident" and "falling in love/enjoying a stable relationship" as the reasons why they felt their best just before hitting the big 3-0.
READ: 23 Worst Anti-Aging Skin Care Products
Surprisingly, 17 percent also said that at 29 they felt more self-assured with no make up on than they did with their "faces on."
A few more tidbits were uncovered by the non-scientific survey:
- The majority feel most beautiful on Friday -- specifically at 10 am
- Being tired is the main reason women say they don't feel attractive
- Nearly half of the respondents said that both stress and being around prettier women made them feel less appealing
- Our wedding day, being on vacation and being pregnant are the times at which we feel most beautiful
- Receiving compliments from other women -- not from men -- was cited as the best confidence booster
QUIZ: 10 Myths and Facts About Aging
And, as Nicole Melmore, a brand manager at the company says, there was one other notable takeaway from the study; "From age to occasions, our research shows that beauty really isnít skin deep. In fact, with more women stating that they feel more beautiful when they are at home without their make-up on (17 per cent) compared to when they're wearing lots of make-up (seven per cent), it seems that feeling attractive isn't just down to having a perfectly made up face. "
Where do your own feelings on these topics fit in? Did you feel most beautiful at 29?
Health & beauty
Health & beauty