Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » Question: Why can't we comment with our Total Beauty accounts?

Discussion

MissXu
elite
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Question: Why can't we comment with our Total Beauty accounts?

I noticed that there's a social plugin for FB, instead of having the ability to post comments on blogs and videos with our Total Beauty accounts? Does anyone know why this is the only option and how we can comment with our accounts and NOT FB. 

Also, someone really needs to fix the spam on this message board, it is getting out of control. Perhaps putting in a security measure, I know those are annoying for real humans but I believe they help deter spam so it's helpful.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

Helmi
allstar
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Question: Why can't we comment with our Total Beauty accounts?

It's been irritating me every time I log in and read new article. I'd like to have the option of using only this account and maintain my privacy on other sites(and FB's rep for privacy isn't great.)

jenn8779
allstar
10 months, 2 weeks ago

Ladies- this was the FIRST thing I asked as soon as I noticed that we can't comment using our TB accounts, which has made me so mad my head has been spinning like Linda Blair in the Exorcist! LOL In all truthful honesty, I think I am just going to delete my TB account all together. I don't do facebook, twitter, etc and I absolutely refuse to be bullied into signing up for them by this site and apparently, those of us who don't use, or don't want to use, Facebook are just not good enough for TB. My thread on this is in another section but here is one of their responses, which is truthfully NO response- Re: In Order To Comment On Articles I Have to Do So Through Social Media???!!!!!! Hi Jenn8779, We apologize for the inconvenience the new redesign has caused you being a loyal member. We love that you have taken the time to tell us your feedback (truly!) Through some thorough researching, however, we've decided to take this leap into the digital/social media sphere to better engage our readers and enhance conversation about the content we post. So yes, you do need a FB account to comment, however you can disable the comment to appear directly on your FB feed. Again, thanks so much for your feedback!

Helmi
allstar
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: Re: Question: Why can't we comment with our Total Beauty accounts?
jenn8779 posted:

Ladies- this was the FIRST thing I asked as soon as I noticed that we can't comment using our TB accounts, which has made me so mad my head has been spinning like Linda Blair in the Exorcist! LOL In all truthful honesty, I think I am just going to delete my TB account all together. I don't do facebook, twitter, etc and I absolutely refuse to be bullied into signing up for them by this site and apparently, those of us who don't use, or don't want to use, Facebook are just not good enough for TB. My thread on this is in another section but here is one of their responses, which is truthfully NO response- Re: In Order To Comment On Articles I Have to Do So Through Social Media???!!!!!! Hi Jenn8779, We apologize for the inconvenience the new redesign has caused you being a loyal member. We love that you have taken the time to tell us your feedback (truly!) Through some thorough researching, however, we've decided to take this leap into the digital/social media sphere to better engage our readers and enhance conversation about the content we post. So yes, you do need a FB account to comment, however you can disable the comment to appear directly on your FB feed. Again, thanks so much for your feedback!

Well, that's disappointing. I don't mind people using social networks. I'd just like to have an OPTION of using my TB account. I honestly don't think this will enhance anything. One thing I'm already noticing is that replying with FB is allowing people to go off on tangents and lose the article topic. And the rating system is also gone. I'd like to be able to rate whether the new features are great or not. Also: Jenn, I love your reviews. Very descriptive and specific. And you're always updating us on new products. It's TB's loss if you go.

MissXu
elite
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Helmi posted:

It's been irritating me every time I log in and read new article. I'd like to have the option of using only this account and maintain my privacy on other sites(and FB's rep for privacy isn't great.)

Right, it's like what's the point of our account if we need a FB account to comment on the articles?? WHYYY TB!! WHYYY???

jenn8779
allstar
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: Re: Re: Question: Why can't we comment with our Total Beauty accounts?
Helmi posted:

Well, that's disappointing. I don't mind people using social networks. I'd just like to have an OPTION of using my TB account. I honestly don't think this will enhance anything. One thing I'm already noticing is that replying with FB is allowing people to go off on tangents and lose the article topic. And the rating system is also gone. I'd like to be able to rate whether the new features are great or not. Also: Jenn, I love your reviews. Very descriptive and specific. And you're always updating us on new products. It's TB's loss if you go.

Helmi- thank you so much! I have to admit that I LOVE products and I try just about everything I can afford (and some that I can't and shouldn't have bought!). LOL I try to write the kind of reviews I'd like to read and I am so glad you like them. My issue with the social networking thing isn't because I don't like them. I had a friend who interviewed for a job last year and they asked if she had a facebook account. She ended up not getting the job, even though the company seemed thrilled with her in the interview. She later found out that they didn't like something stupid on her FB account and so didn't hire her. Plus, isn't Facebook the "new" My Space? And Twitter the "new" Facebook? LOL I can't keep up with it all and like that if I go for an interview and they ask me about social media accounts I can say "no, I don't". LOL

venenumletalis
allstar
9 months, 3 weeks ago

I agree with you, it is extremely annoying that they did this. I really doesn't enhance anything, and prevents many of the TB members to use website less, myself included. And TB's response is very disappointing, they don't seem to value our privacy, and don't care if it is convenient for people to use. Very sad, it used to be a great website.

jenn8779
allstar
7 months, 4 weeks ago
venenumletalis posted:

I agree with you, it is extremely annoying that they did this. I really doesn't enhance anything, and prevents many of the TB members to use website less, myself included. And TB's response is very disappointing, they don't seem to value our privacy, and don't care if it is convenient for people to use. Very sad, it used to be a great website.

Ven- sorry I haven't replied sooner but I don't come to TB that much anymore since they've switched. Additionally, there "new" site with our inability to use our TB logins is so much like every other site out there that, in my opinion, you go to one, you've gone to them all so why bother? In the past few months' since TB changed, and I was so irriatated that I just stopped coming to the site, I've realized that I miss the old site and the true "community" feeling it had. This new site? I honestly don't miss much. I used to really "know" who everyone was but now, I am clueless....the whole social networking log in/comment thing has brought all new "names" and I don't even know who everyone is any more......but I miss the old crew! :-(

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend