Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » In Order To Comment On Articles I Have to Do So Through Social Media???!!!!!!

Discussion

jenn8779
allstar
11 months ago
In Order To Comment On Articles I Have to Do So Through Social Media???!!!!!!

Ok, so this is the first time I've been on since TB changed their site.  I read an article and then tried to coment only to find out that I can only do so by logging into social media????!!!!  Is this correct?????  What about those of us who don't do the social media thing and yet have been loyal TB members?  This is just wrong.........we have always been able to do anything just by our TB member sign on and its should still be that way.  This site has been just awful for months now and now this?!  A total slap in the face to users!  Total Beauty....I am totally disgusted!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

HeathRene
elite
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: In Order To Comment On Articles I Have to Do So Through Social Media???!!!!!!
TBHelp posted:

Hi Jenn8779, We apologize for the inconvenience the new redesign has caused you being a loyal member. We love that you have taken the time to tell us your feedback (truly!) Through some thorough researching, however, we've decided to take this leap into the digital/social media sphere to better engage our readers and enhance conversation about the content we post. So yes, you do need a FB account to comment, however you can disable the comment to appear directly on your FB feed. Again, thanks so much for your feedback!

I appreciate that although a Facebook account is necessary to comment, the option not to have your comment or review post to Facebook is there. I realize that Total Beauty is pulling information from my Facebook account, but when I leave a comment, does it have to publicize where I work? I would much prefer to leave out that kind of information, since it isn't even public on Facebook (I have it set so only my friends can see). Please add account settings that allows users to hide certain information when posting. I have also noticed that users no longer are awarded points for leaving comments on articles. The option to rate articles and content also seems to have gone. This too is disappointing. I don't plan to comment on any articles through this platform until the above issues change.

jenn8779
allstar
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: In Order To Comment On Articles I Have to Do So Through Social Media???!!!!!!
TBHelp posted:

Hi Jenn8779, We apologize for the inconvenience the new redesign has caused you being a loyal member. We love that you have taken the time to tell us your feedback (truly!) Through some thorough researching, however, we've decided to take this leap into the digital/social media sphere to better engage our readers and enhance conversation about the content we post. So yes, you do need a FB account to comment, however you can disable the comment to appear directly on your FB feed. Again, thanks so much for your feedback!

TBHelp- I actually had to wait to even respond to your response because I am just so angry with TB. HeathRene has voiced some of the exact reasons why I don't do social media and why I will not even open an account. In this day and age where employers want to view our private social media accounts has made me realize I don't even wamt to deal with it. This entire change over has made me so irritated (using a mild description for how I truly feel!) that I am seriously comtemplating just deleting my TB account entirely. In a world where the "hot" buzz words of the times are "diversity and inclusion", requiring someone to have a social media account in order to participate doesn't exactly put TB forth in a good light. Basically, you folks are saying that we, those who don't do social media, don't "count" as highly as those that do. You can sugar coat it any way you want but I am not a fool. So, if I don't "count" as highly? Then why would I bother with your site? Put yourselves in my place and think about it from the perspective I just put forth. Does TB only think that social media users count? I would hope you wouldn't want that widely known as the position you've taken.

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: Re: Re: In Order To Comment On Articles I Have to Do So Through Social Media???!!!!!!
jenn8779 posted:

TBHelp- I actually had to wait to even respond to your response because I am just so angry with TB. HeathRene has voiced some of the exact reasons why I don't do social media and why I will not even open an account. In this day and age where employers want to view our private social media accounts has made me realize I don't even wamt to deal with it. This entire change over has made me so irritated (using a mild description for how I truly feel!) that I am seriously comtemplating just deleting my TB account entirely. In a world where the "hot" buzz words of the times are "diversity and inclusion", requiring someone to have a social media account in order to participate doesn't exactly put TB forth in a good light. Basically, you folks are saying that we, those who don't do social media, don't "count" as highly as those that do. You can sugar coat it any way you want but I am not a fool. So, if I don't "count" as highly? Then why would I bother with your site? Put yourselves in my place and think about it from the perspective I just put forth. Does TB only think that social media users count? I would hope you wouldn't want that widely known as the position you've taken.

I agree....I'm getting more and more sick of Facebook and Twitter, like you have to be on there to count in ANYTHING these days. Too Orwellian for me. More and more of our privacy is chipped away at daily. Many things are not even accessible to me cause of Facebook. And some sites require you to log in with your Facebook log in. You can't have a separate log in for that site.

TBHelp
11 months ago
Re: In Order To Comment On Articles I Have to Do So Through Social Media???!!!!!!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend