Home » Community » Message Boards » Giveaways, Samples, Freebies, Deals, and More! » Exciting Technology!

Discussion

LittleBunny
elite
11 months, 1 week ago
Exciting Technology!

I am very excited to have the opportunity to review the Sirius Aurora. I was never aware of the use of LED light technology for skincare, and find it intriguing.

The first thing I noticed about the device is that it plugs into the wall to power it. While this does limit your ability to move around while using it, I like that batteries will never need to be replaced, and I feel like using an outlet gives stronger, more consistent power. The device is lightweight and only has two buttons on it—very nice and simple. It has three light covers that snap on and off—blue, green and red, depending on your skin treatment needs. The directions are simple and easy to follow.

The biggest drawback for this device is the amount of time it takes to do a treatment—24 minutes! That’s a long time to carve out for a face treatment, especially considering that you must remain in one place while you do it. I find it hard to commit to using it as often as I should, given how long it takes.

However, the treatment itself is pleasant. The lights flash brightly, but not offensively so. When you are on a steady light cycle, the device warms up to a soothing, therapeutic temperature. I like that it beeps whenever it’s time to move to the next portion of your face, so you don’t have to keep the time yourself.  

Does this device perform miracles? I cannot say that it does. I have sensitive skin with freckles, and so I use the blue and green light panels. Blue is for treating blemishes, and green is for reducing hyperpigmentation, among other skin care concerns.  The red panel is for anti-aging, which is not a major issue for me at this time, but is still nice to have. The main result I noticed from the blue light use is that healing time decreases. None of the light panels irritate my skin, and I did see a marked difference in how quickly skin issues resolved. I would say that healing time is cut in half. For the green light, I am not sure if has made a substantial difference in my freckles, but they are quite stubborn. I do, however, see that my skin overall looks brighter, and has a much more even tone to it.

Overall, I think this is a great device. While not a magic wand, it is definitely a great secret weapon. The price point as compared to other, similar devices, seems quite reasonable.  As these types of devices develop, I imagine that treatment times will shorten, which was my main complaint for the Sirius Aurora. I am excited to see updates to this innovative beauty technology.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

0 Replies

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend