Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Best way to cure/treat dandruff?

Discussion

jaebass
insider
12 months ago
Best way to cure/treat dandruff?

Okay, Ladies and Gents; very embarrassing question... How do you cure or treat dandruff. I remember having some trouble with dandruff as a kid but now it's out of control. I can't wear my hair up in public because when my hair is so close to my scalp you can see every "flake". I have no clue what to do! Suggestions?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

sprout117
allstar
12 months ago
Re: Best way to cure/treat dandruff?

For an at home cure, I found that using a mix of mouthwash (yes, like listerine) and witch hazel when sprayed onto roots and massaged into the scalp for five minutes really cleanses the scalp and feels great. (I read this in a magazine). Other than that, I recommend Garnier Fructis Intense Clean Anti Dandruff Shampoo as Head and Shoulders doesnt' work that well and this made a world of difference. After garnier, you will need a good conditioner...just make sure it doesn't interfere with how the shampoo works (you can look it up online).

jenn8779
allstar
12 months ago
Re: Best way to cure/treat dandruff?

Question- is your scalp itching too? I had an itchy area right on the top of my head that would flake and it drove me nuts for years....used several brands of dandruff shampoo and it never fully went away. Then I switched to a sulphate free line (L'Oreal's Ever line) and it actually went away. A friend had this issue about 2 weeks ago and I told her to switch to sulphate free and she had the same success I did. The L'Oreal Ever products are made in multiple different lines for about any type of hair and are pretty reasonable (about $5.99 a bottle for shampoo & conditioner at Walmart). I'd say to check out the reviews of the lines here on TB and see which one sounds like it could be for you and then try the products.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend