Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Hair breakage

Discussion

diana_mathews
1 year ago
Hair breakage

I am having thinning hair and also its breaking and I am having so many short hairs popping out all our my head. What should I do about this and what are the best products?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

18 Replies

LittleBunny
elite
1 year ago
Re: Re: Re: Hair breakage
diana_mathews posted:

Thank you so much for the advice. I am going to try it out. This started after my delivery. I would like to try Nioxin but I am still nursing so I wonder if its ok to use.

Try biotin! It's a great hair vitamin.

jessicaviolett
allstar
10 months, 4 weeks ago
Re: Hair breakage

Keep your hair deeply moisturized.

mkp14
9 months ago

Hi There, whilst working in the hair industry for quite a while now, I can assure you that you are not alone. This is a common problem, which CAN be solved. First of all I would like to emphasize on the importance of having a healthy and well balanced diet. I am sure that you have heard this over and over again, however, the food you eat really make a big difference on your hair! However apart from that, it is important to massage your scalp regularly to boost your blood circulation, and also encourage hair growth! None the less, it is extremely important to use good hair products on your hair - and the right products for your hair type!! Is your hair dry or greasy? if your hair is dry then use moisturizing products on your hair; whilst if your hair is greasy, use products for an oily scalp. At this point your hair is very fragile, since as you mentioned that you are having lots of hair breakage, therefore it is important to dry your hair with your hairdryer after you wash it, or let it air dry completely before you sleep on it. Never sleep with your hair wet!! When your hair is wet it will be in the most fragile state... therefore you need to treat it with lots of care, and this includes, never combing your hair with its very wet, and never stroking your hair with a towel to get out the excess water!! After washing your hair just tap your hair gently with the towel and dry carefully. At this point i would try to avoid heat styling your hair.. as of course heat is not your hairs' best friend! If you need to however, use a heat protectant before. Lots of other tips can be told however, I believe I have said a lot of them :)

prettyBougie
8 months, 2 weeks ago

I had this problem too! I recently got my hair back to its original thickness. If you haven't already make sure you get a trim. It makes a huge difference and always use a heat protector. I recommend Tyche Black. I swear by this stuff! Other than that multivitamins (women's hair skin and nails is a good one).

babycat85
7 months ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hair breakage
GigiSD posted:

Vitamins work like nothing else! When I don't take a strong B complex (along with a daily vitamin, a high-potency Vitamin C, etc.), my nails peel, my hair breaks, and my nose actually bleeds because of an inherited weak vessel. It doesn't bleed with vitamins (they repair tissue). And black-and-blue marks disappear. Beauty starts from within. You'd faint if you knew my entire regimen, including COQ10 and Hyaluronic Acid, but I am continually stopped and asked why my hair is so shiny and I have NO wrinkles anywhere.

What vitamins and brands do you use?

sprout117
allstar
12 months ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hair breakage
LittleBunny posted:

Try biotin! It's a great hair vitamin.

Do hair vitamins really work? What difference do you see?

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend