Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Ideal Foundation for Sensitive Skin

Discussion

whatames
1 year ago
Ideal Foundation for Sensitive Skin

I have extremely sensitive skin which has only gotten worse as I age. In high school my skin was always clear, but now I break out constantly because I'm irritated by nearly everything I put on my face. I've heard that mineral foundation is best for sensitive skin and that I should avoid talc, so lately I've been using Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Loose Power Foundation (in Natural Ivory) and Physician's Formula Talc-Free Mineral Wear Mineral Tinted Moisturizer on days when my skin is drier. I used BareMinerals for about a year but it really started to irritate my skin. To minimize irritation I'm trying to stick with all Neutrogena products, using their new Ultra Gentle line for skincare and their Naturals spot treatment for acne.

While I haven't had too many problems over the last few months, I recently just had a really bad reaction to SPF (I cannot wear SPF on my face at all without getting tiny bumps everywhere; making an appointment with a dermatologist to figure this out) and this has made my skin even redder and more irritated then usual; and thus, really hard to cover up. I'm frustrated by the lack of coverage that Mineral Sheers offers and also the weird shimmery look it has. 

I'm abroad now but once I'm home in the summer, I'm going to a dermatologist to figure out what exactly is bothering me, but in the meantime, what is a good full-coverage foundation for sensitive skin?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

GigiSD
elite
1 year ago
Re: Ideal Foundation for Sensitive Skin

I'm so sorry to hear this! My sister has the same problem, and most foundations irritate her skin badly (she can't even tough the mineral types). She uses products from Clinique's line with no problems. They have a plethora of foundations with full coverage which should work for you. Hope that helps!

GigiSD
elite
1 year ago
Re: Re: Ideal Foundation for Sensitive Skin
GigiSD posted:

I'm so sorry to hear this! My sister has the same problem, and most foundations irritate her skin badly (she can't even tough the mineral types). She uses products from Clinique's line with no problems. They have a plethora of foundations with full coverage which should work for you. Hope that helps!

Please check the ingredients online at Clinique's site or at the counter to make sure the base you choose doesn't have an SPF.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend